The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Read the Shooman Blink book over the weekend. Knew a lot of the stuff already but I did like how on page 44 he put a + sign lol, didn't know Scott was rumored to be killed in 2003, funny that Travis said he hated Good Charlotte and GC played MusInk Saturday... 

Found the Finn stuff interesting, thought you guys would like this:

71Ebvee.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Ghent said:

Matt would be the perfect backup guitarist/vocalist for Tom. Tom could get drunk and play the lead parts and Skiba would hold the song together in the background. There are also certain vocal parts that Matt is much better at delivering than Tom.

I still think we will see this happen in real life at some point. My wild guess is a short Enema 20th anniversary tour in 2019 haha.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I still think we will see this happen in real life at some point. My wild guess is a short Enema 20th anniversary tour in 2019 haha.

I would put money on it. It makes too much sense.

Only thing stopping it would be Tom's mental health. if he goes further down the drain then it would never work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I would put money on it. It makes too much sense.

Only thing stopping it would be Tom's mental health. if he goes further down the drain then it would never work.

Hmmmm, Enema is such a one guitar album though, feel like them playing the same parts over each other could be a bit of a nightmare. 

I'd be interested to see it though for sure. 

• Like 1

I'm not remotely letting myself be hopeful or excited about the new blink record based on interviews. they say such rubbish in interviews that it's just not worth it.

It's nice to know they acknowledge that California was a 'come back' feel but considering how 'out there' they think some of the songs on their are, I see no reason to get happy just yet. I'll let the new music speak for itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

At this point, I'd wonder what somebody like Ryan Key would be like.

That's actually really interesting to think about. His voice contrasts just enough from Mark's, imo. At least more than Skiba's does.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Hate to say it, but I want to see Tom bottom out before he goes anywhere near Blink.

I want him to essentially go broke on his alien shit and come to his sense and realize that he could lose it all with his delusions......

A much less egotistical Tom who realizes he screwed up is what Blink needs. Not someone who will play a few shows and cash a check and fund TTS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

At this point, I'd wonder what somebody like Ryan Key would be like.

I think that would be really cool. His voice would contrast a lot better with Mark's, and he's a way better guitarist than Matt.

Coming from someone whose two favorite bands in the world are blink-182 and Yellowcard, I would be ecstatic if this happened, since Yellowcard no longer exists.

Ecstatic at first... I'm sure blink would still find plenty of ways to let me down!

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Read the Shooman Blink book over the weekend. Knew a lot of the stuff already but I did like how on page 44 he put a + sign lol, didn't know Scott was rumored to be killed in 2003, funny that Travis said he hated Good Charlotte and GC played MusInk Saturday... 

Found the Finn stuff interesting, thought you guys would like this:

He really said that? its weird, Travis almost never speak that way of other people