The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I would laugh my ass off if Skiba went back to Alk3 and Mark is left twiddling his thumbs waiting to record and tour again.

Why would that be so funny to you?

I'd be fine if Matt recorded and toured a bit with Alkaline Trio before blink does anything again. Not that big of a deal

30 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Would be waayyy better than skiba. 

I 100% agree he'd be way better musically and vocally, but I don't think he could handle it from a mental health standpoint - he is a little all over the place on occasion. going from his humble position to something like blink would probably do a huge number on him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Why would that be so funny to you?

I'd be fine if Matt recorded and toured a bit with Alkaline Trio before blink does anything again. Not that big of a deal

Isn't that a small part of the reason Tom quit/got kicked out? Mark wanted to keep blink going and Tom had Ava and all his side projects and couldn't commit. An Alk3 reunion could potentially put blink on the back-burner for at least a year, if you count recording and touring, other than the occasional gig blink can squeeze in. I mean you're right in a way, it's not like blink is doing much right now. Just playing Vegas and festivals these days. Maybe Skiba can wear an Alk3 shirt on blink's next tour.

I just realized that Mark has a fascination of using locations to tie things together.

+44 = London phone area code for where the band was created, if I'm not mistaken.

Neighbourhoods = "we all came from different backgrounds and music influences"

California = "we all have different experiences living in California"

I hope he starts to branch out a bit from this idea.

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I 100% agree he'd be way better musically and vocally, but I don't think he could handle it from a mental health standpoint - he is a little all over the place on occasion. going from his humble position to something like blink would probably do a huge number on him. 

Yeah could be. I dont know his character or personal life. I just like his music and voice. Him and mark sounded awesome on hangman and CTTM produced by Mark is one of my favorite albums. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The Neighborhoods explanation always seemed like a copout to me.  

"hey what's a good way we can explain  the disjointed recording process and AVA yodeling?"

So true.  Everything after the reunion just reeks of Mark being afraid of flexing his creative muscles and settling for something safe and generic to avoid any sort of risk/failure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

it's true. motion city soundtrack was a far, far better band than blink. commit this to memory is probably the single best project mark has every worked on.

The second one he produced for them was great too (My Dinosaur Life) even though the band said he was much more hands-on during CTTM. In an interview they said they had trouble keeping his attention from his phone the second time around haha.

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I listened to that MCS record after seeing so much praise for it here (had never heard of them) and didn't even like 1 song enough to keep on my phone. 

Much better than the garbage music Alkaline Trio makes.

• Wow 1