The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

what?? what is that poll?

It's a poll I made Wednesday when I couldn't decide if I wanted a few beers or not. I asked what the board thought ... JarJar is a good person and said yes. Everyone who voted "no" believes the holocaust was a good thing.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Speedo said:

It's a poll I made Wednesday when I couldn't decide if I wanted a few beers or not. I asked what the board thought ... JarJar is a good person and said yes. Everyone who voted "no" believes the holocaust was a good thing.

Nah just people who think constant drinking isn't good for you

Ever since someone posted about this guy going into detail about why All the Small Things is a great song, I've been watching a lot of his videos. This entire video is good but if you skip to the end, he gives his thoughts on the "assembly line"  approach to making music.  Though he doesn't mention him by name,  it's pretty much a spot on critique of Feldmann's producing style and all that's wrong with it. 

• Like 5

On 21/4/2018 at 2:09 AM, BlinkFloyd said:

Ever since someone posted about this guy going into detail about why All the Small Things is a great song, I've been watching a lot of his videos. This entire video is good but if you skip to the end, he gives his thoughts on the "assembly line"  approach to making music.  Though he doesn't mention him by name,  it's pretty much a spot on critique of Feldmann's producing style and all that's wrong with it. 

This guy is great. Been following his videos too. The man knows pretty well his shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This guy is great. Been following his videos too. The man knows pretty well his shit.

Yeah it's refreshing to have a guy like this who clearly knows his stuff and keeps it real.  He's absolutely right too, as much as I love the early 2000s music, the early 2000s rock introduced the assembly line approach with the same few producers copy and pasting sounds.

Once that gimmick wore off you lost a lot of the soul and song writing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedo's Edge said:

Yeah it's refreshing to have a guy like this who clearly knows his stuff and keeps it real.  He's absolutely right too, as much as I love the early 2000s music, the early 2000s rock introduced the assembly line approach with the same few producers copy and pasting sounds.

Once that gimmick wore off you lost a lot of the soul and song writing

That's it.

The whole video is worth watching. In the beginning they do a quick explanation of what the hell was rock 'n' roll back in the day and how it worked and how connected with people. This is what lot of people have been saying throught the years, some of those in a very critical way.

Music industry has always been controlled, that's for sure. But as they said, as long as the business worked due to sales, the artists had the chance to have more integrity and independence. But something happened: once the majors wanted full control, and, later on, once they started to lose money when records dropped sales, then they found another formula: total control. From the 'factory' to the way it is marketed and consumed.

But hey, it's all a conspiracy.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:17 AM, Nosferatu said:

Yep, I know this. They're one of my favourite bands. Just find it odd that it sounds like a +44 song when Mark is covering it is all I'm saying. Considering it was the 80's at the time of this cover whereas +44 was two decades later. Saying it's odd is the wrong way of saying it really, considering bands will kinda sound similar to their influences, but it is still weird hearing +44 vibes from the 1980's. Always knew blink were heavily influenced by the Cure, but that cover literally could fit on +44's album, especially after the first minute.

i'm the source of the attic children rips; i still have the original cassette. if the mods like i can post a FLAC of the whole demo. they do boys don't cry several times, as well as some originals.

• Like 7