The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I feel it’s exactly the kind of thing people would be shitting all over Tom for if he was still in the band.

I think since Tom left it has been proven time and time again that he was never the one who was doing things just for the money.

I met Tom for $7 on an AVA tour instead of like $200-$500 on a blink tour.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

22 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think since Tom left it has been proven time and time again that he was never the one who was doing things just for the money.

Eh there’s a difference between wanting commercial success and financial gain IMO. Mark def wants to remain popular and successful (who wouldn’t), and probably told the Blink corporation to do whatever they need to keep Blink a household name. Tom literally has a website begging people for money so I cannot give him a pass on not wanting $$$.

All that M&G stuff is done by management, I’d be shocked if they even knew how much a M&G cost. AVA has maybe 5% of the fans as Blink, so it makes sense their M&G would be $7 lol. When I go to their reddit page it always cracks me up because there’s usually 4-6 people online. (“5 Astronauts online” it says lmao)

Hell you can go to James Coffee and 1/4th of AVA will make you a latte for $4.

Mark and Tom are both equally money hungry.

How far is Mark going to go to stay popular though? Will he keep letting a guy like Feldmann write cheesy pop songs for him when he is in his late 50's?

To me it seems like Mark has some confidence issues and is afraid to experiment and release new music that doesn't get a good reception.

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I feel it’s exactly the kind of thing people would be shitting all over Tom for if he was still in the band.

I totally think it's lame and would be spitting feathers if it was Tom doing it but Tom is obviously money grabbing and shameless and always has been. I see the residencies as more of a "We're super old and are desperate to stay relevant" then "give us all the money" 

Before tom fucked it up blink were massive and making shitloads of cash! Marks finally at a point where he can make blink relevant again and earn a consistent amount of revenue.

Nowhere near the amount of money he was getting in 2003 tho which will never happen again! ...

So why the fuck not wouldnt mark wana keep keep blink sucessful??

Where as tom quit blink cus he thought he was better than them and thought his new music would surpass anything blink did...

Then went back to blink and toured like crazy cus thats where the money was at...made one album which was too much time and effort for him for hardly any financial gain ...so fills it with old blink demos and ava songs he thought didnt fit the love album....

Then when he had enough money ditches blink for his main goal to the stars...if you think that tom didnt think to the stars was going to be massive and make shitloads of money then your deluded...

So yeh marks a money hungry asshole apparently.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

Before tom fucked it up blink were massive and making shitloads of cash! Marks finally at a point where he can make blink relevant again and earn a consistent amount of revenue.

Nowhere near the amount of money he was getting in 2003 tho which will never happen again! ...

So why the fuck not wouldnt mark wana keep keep blink sucessful??

Where as tom quit blink cus he thought he was better than them and thought his new music would surpass anything blink did...

Then went back to blink and toured like crazy cus thats where the money was at...made one album which was too much time and effort for him for hardly any financial gain ...so fills it with old blink demos and ava songs he thought didnt fit the love album....

Then when he had enough money ditches blink for his main goal to the stars...if you think that tom didnt think to the stars was going to be massive and make shitloads of money then your deluded...

So yeh marks a money hungry asshole apparently.....

Reading your posts makes my head hurt, are you 13?

13 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don’t really understand Vegas residencies. Why not tour instead?

I think it's a way to do a sorta inverted tour without actually having to get the entire operation up and running, and spreading out the shows the way they are makes it easier to keep writing/recording a new album. If it was a Celine Dion neverending Vegas residency type thing it would be wack but I think they are just doing it as something easy and fun to do between tours and stay "sharp" while they work on the new stuff.

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Tom did a $500 meet and greet on a blink tour for just himself. It was the breast cancer thing. I think part of it went to charity though.

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Do you mean 5/30? April already happened

Crap yeah, typo. Random show in Iowa. They are supposed to play a festival in Cincinnati, OH a few days later, gotta wonder if that one will get cancelled. I hope all is well in the band, but I swear on some of these they just decide it's not worth hauling Travis and the crew out that far for one show. If something crazy was wrong with their families, you would think shows this weekend would be cancelled as well.

12 hours ago, Kay said:

I totally think it's lame and would be spitting feathers if it was Tom doing it but Tom is obviously money grabbing and shameless and always has been. I see the residencies as more of a "We're super old and are desperate to stay relevant" then "give us all the money" 

Oh yeah I agree they're all after money, but in the past we'd blame Tom for all of it.

The difference now is that, at least Tom isn't trying to disguise it as something stupid anymore. He's straight-up asking people for money with no promise of returns anymore. It's still lame, but it's more honest in a way.

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The difference now is that, at least Tom isn't trying to disguise it as something stupid anymore. He's straight-up asking people for money with no promise of returns anymore. It's still lame, but it's more honest in a way.

You can't be serious? He is literally trying to trick people into "investing" in a company so he can build spaceships and invent time travel.