The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I was watching this video today and noticed Tom playing this riff.  It sounds like something right off of We Dont Need to Whisper.  He said he was working on stuff that were meant to be the next blink songs, so maybe this was one of them and he took it to AVA.  I thought it was cool seeing this like 2 years before Whisper

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Never understood why is uncool to say Nevermind rocks, because it does. But well, I get the the purist side of the story. Coming from a record as Bleach, it might sounded as a total selling out album to the people in the Seattle scene. Anyway, I love In Utero for the same reason I love Insomniac by Green Day. In fact, to me, Insomniac is Green Day's particular In Utero, while Dookie is their Nevermind.

Unplugged is just beautiful and unexpected. The way the songs translate to the acoustic side is unbeliveable. Also, the Leadbelly cover is brutal. I bet there were (and are) tons of people who didn't had a clue about who was the original artist for that song, and that's too because Cobain owned that song. He made it his song. Unplugged blew my mind when I heard and watched for the first time in so many ways... It looked like if it was Nirvana's funeral, but on a beautifull way. How ironic, huh?.

I don't think anyone knows who wrote it. 

1 hour ago, knapton said:

I was watching this video today and noticed Tom playing this riff.  It sounds like something right off of We Dont Need to Whisper.  He said he was working on stuff that were meant to be the next blink songs, so maybe this was one of them and he took it to AVA.  I thought it was cool seeing this like 2 years before Whisper

That’s pretty cool find

• Like 2

5 hours ago, knapton said:

Holy shit I need to watch this entire video. This is my favorite era of blink and there aren't many high quality live vids of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Holy shit I need to watch this entire video. This is my favorite era of blink and there aren't many high quality live vids of it.

Love marks hair there...

Plus these videos make me sad :( miss this blink

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adrianm14 said:

Met my first blink board user on Friday. Was pretty dope since we live in Atlantic Canada and pretty far from pretty much everyone in here.  Couldn’t remember his username but Jesse if your in here shoot me reply lol. 

@The Dog From Frasier?

12 hours ago, Adrianm14 said:

Met my first blink board user on Friday. Was pretty dope since we live in Atlantic Canada and pretty far from pretty much everyone in here.  Couldn’t remember his username but Jesse if your in here shoot me reply lol. 

Hey Man! Was awesome meeting someone on here too. I wish I would of stayed out later!

Maritimes  cover so much area but not that many ppl haha. Also for all of you who haven’t checked out this guys band you have too! They are amazing  live and have a ton of good tunes.

The are called Neon Dreams, pumped to hear some more new stuff.

• Like 2

I remember when that one hit wonder band Oasis had that song, Wonderwall, which was practically a Beatles cover. It got overplayed, but top tune, top tune. Too bad they never properly followed it up.

• Haha 1