The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

That is super random!

Circle Jerk Pit is pretty awesome though. He needs drop the lame AVA shit and do something different like that for a bit.

Maybe that’s what we’re getting, the new album is supposed to be a bit faster punk-ish 

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Sorry, but i think it's impossible for Tom to release anything decent without a producer or someone to keep his ideas in check. Pubin isn't gonna cut it

You just said that Circle Jerk Pit is “pretty awesome”. Get your opinions in order dammit

• Like 1

I always wondered why Tom didn't take advantage of having Matt in the band, considering Matt joined AVA right after 30 Seconds to Mars got huge. I'm a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars, but I don't know much about the band on a more personal level the way I do blink. Does anyone know if Matt was fully involved with their songwriting?

2 minutes ago, Since88 said:

You just said that Circle Jerk Pit is “pretty awesome”. Get your opinions in order dammit

like "pretty awesome" for shitty Tom song standards. it doesn't have synths or yodels and has a nice gritty vibe. still a bad song, but awesome for Tom. there is potential there if he brought that flair to blink and the feldy machine

9 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I always wondered why Tom didn't take advantage of having Matt in the band, considering Matt joined AVA right after 30 Seconds to Mars got huge. I'm a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars, but I don't know much about the band on a more personal level the way I do blink. Does anyone know if Matt was fully involved with their songwriting?

matt was the most involved from that lineup for sure...beside tom, of course.... all the synth stuff from the love albums was done by him.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Didn't Matt move back to his home state to take an office job? That's how awesome it is to work for Tom Delonge

hey! you always cry about the rest of us alwas bringing up the same feldman bashing. at least follow your own rules

7 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

hey! you always cry about the rest of us alwas bringing up the same feldman bashing. at least follow your own rules

I haven't had a good Tom bash in quite awhile really

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The funny thing is, even with blink out of the picture, AVA is still the least active it has ever been.

true... such a missed opportunity, regarding the trash blink released without him it really was the chance for tom to prove his skill... too bad he's gone off the deep end

as bad as everything seems for tom at this point, i really hope he is inspired by all te drama surrounding his personal and professional life. he seems to be in a really bad place, i really hope he atleast gets a great record out of it......would do wonders for his confidence

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

matt was the most involved from that lineup for sure...beside tom, of course.... all the synth stuff from the love albums was done by him.

I just assumed it was Tom coming up with the ideas and letting the rest record them. I remember some kinda interview where Matt had this bass line for one of the AVA songs (The Moon Atomic I think it might've been) but Tom wasn't having any of it.

9 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

as bad as everything seems for tom at this point, i really hope he is inspired by all te drama surrounding his personal and professional life. he seems to be in a really bad place, i really hope he atleast gets a great record out of it......would do wonders for his confidence

Yeah agree. Tom tends to make some kick ass songs when they're personal and honest. He just leans towards the concept album ideas too much. It's nearly impossible to relate to most AVA songs cause of it IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah agree. Tom tends to make some kick ass songs when they're personal and honest. He just leans towards the concept album ideas too much. It's nearly impossible to relate to most AVA songs cause of it IMO.

I can relate to the lyric "the ice is really cold" but idk about you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1