The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I was in class today and I was thinking about blink, and I honestly cannot believe that they're back.

I was listening to "Asthenia" today in class, and I almost cried. Been waiting for this moment since 2005, just waiting for the moment to hear that they're back, to have it be true, not a rumor. To go here and see a new, honest post about the band being back...

Fuck, I'm just lost for words.

• Like 1

do you think there are still any young fans?  i mean when they broke up the average age of the fans was maybe 16/17, so now, 5 years later everyone is all grown up

my little brother was born 2 years after blink formed. he recently just started listening to blink, he's 14 turning 15 soon...

maybe we'll see more 11yr olds after the release of the new album...  :roll:

I hope blink doesn't have 13 year old girl fans but I'm pretty positive they're going to get those when this new album drops.

Yea I'm assuming the same thing, but what are you going to do. The whole scene has blown up to attract a much more diverse crowd (for the worse I think) at these shows. But I do expect to see a lot of college and older people at these shows now. Four years is quite a long time, I mean people have gone through their entire 4 years of college/high school by now.

Guest tecknorock

Yea I'm assuming the same thing, but what are you going to do. The whole scene has blown up to attract a much more diverse crowd (for the worse I think) at these shows. But I do expect to see a lot of college and older people at these shows now. Four years is quite a long time, I mean people have gone through their entire 4 years of college/high school by now.

Mmhmm, Blink broke up in the second semester of my 8th grade year...and now they're back in my second semester of senior year. Wow, time fucking flys...

I hope blink doesn't have 13 year old girl fans but I'm pretty positive they're going to get those when this new album drops.

It's gonna be awful. There will be 13 year-old girls singing their songs without knowing any of the older tunes. I hope they won't get so popular with the new record as much as Green Day did with AI.

I went to a Jimmy Eat World show last year and I was shocked to see so many little girls knowing only "The Middle". And they didn't know any pre-Bleed American stuff. It was disgusting.

Mmhmm, Blink broke up in the second semester of my 8th grade year...and now they're back in my second semester of senior year. Wow, time fucking flys...

Wow me too, I guess we're in the same boat. Funny I Blink-182 wasn't around during my high school years, which would seem to be the most typical. Let's start the college years now, cheers!

This thread is for you if you are uncertain something is worth making a new post about, if you want to ask simple opinion questions,

or if you wanna make a statement expressing your love for blink. Have fun with it and try using this more than you use the new

topic button.

I'll start:

It hit me this morning that we're gonna get to hear Mark/Tom doing vocals on the same song in a matter of months. This makes me

so happy.

Thank you for the worthwhile thread  :-) and yah I am excited toooo!