The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Yes, excuse me for not being exact in my wording. Percentage wise the rich are taxed LESS than the middle class. Why should the rich be taxed less than the middle class (percentage wise)? I think it should be a straight tax across the board. Whatever this argument is ridiculous. I think it's cool Tom is willing give 20%. You don't, who gives a shit.

In Peru I worked as the financial secretary for six months in the mission office. All the money that the mission spent was my responsibility (there were like 200 missionaries). Basically I was the head accountant of a major organization working full time for six months. It was a cool experience but I hate talking about money now because of it.

With that said, I bet Travis does his taxes in the shower with his daughter.

• Like 4

Bottom line- if you're gonna give shit to charity, give ALL OF IT to charity. Otherwise don't fucking bother because it makes you look like a piece of shit.

Sorry, but Joe blow douche bag "Ghent" giving 20% of his income on one particular guitar sellathon that no one would care about is JUST A BIT different than Tom Delonges coordinated effort to make thousands under the guise of charity.

I could literally give 20% of what I earn this year to charity and it would still be thousands less than what Tom personally profits on this "charity" event.

• Like 4

I can't believe someone's actually defending Tom with this shit. He's obviously selling this shit off to keep funding his other projects, not "charity". If he was doing it for charity he would've done this a long ass time ago.

Haha, just making a point. I don't give a flying fuck what Tom does. I just struggle when people don't see goodness. I'm not stupid, neither are you. We both know he's not doing solely for "charity" yet he is giving one fifth of his profit away. Obviously he needs to make money, he's blown a lot of it in the past year or so. I do realize in his Instagram post he sort of made it sound like it was all going to a "worthy cause" though but that's Tom for ya... Egotistical asswipe.

I thought the 20% figure was an arbitrary example and we don't know how much Tom is actually donating to charity?

I think if he is doing this to fund his crazy art projects (which we know he is) then 20% is the best we can hope for. As a guess it looks like he's selling it all for $125,000 or so, and for a man who has made dozens of millions over the years that's not a lot. He's going to want to hang onto a large fraction of that.