The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Old money debate again. Short input:

I don't think Matt is all in for the money. Sure is a good thing, and sure he's getting a nice input, but I'm sure he's not doing it for the money. And you have a very good way to understand it:

- DeLonge, since reunion, was in for the money. Blink funded AvA shit and other peojects, then he jst keep on delaying shit. Blink went all down into a very shitty spiral of procrastination and loose recordings/shows. He didn't feel it anymore.

- Matt doesn't seem to be there for the money. They wrote more than 30 songs in less than a year, recorded a pretty good amount of them, selected a few ones for the record, and striked back into the live shows with a undeniable strenght. He just feels it.

Can you see the differences between both attitudes?

There's a huge difference. But you seem to think that if you're in it for the money you don't want to do it besides that?. He could very well be in it for the money, but still enjoy his time with the project and write 100 songs in a week etc. 

Of course he knows that this is a win win situation, both for him and for Alkaline Trio, while having fun playing music with his old friends and touring and have a fucking blast while doing it!

36 minutes ago, Since88 said:

There's a huge difference. But you seem to think that if you're in it for the money you don't want to do it besides that?. He could very well be in it for the money, but still enjoy his time with the project and write 100 songs in a week etc. 

Of course he knows that this is a win win situation, both for him and for Alkaline Trio, while having fun playing music with his old friends and touring and have a fucking blast while doing it!

Of course! I don't deny that, and that's the ultimate meaning of what I'm saying. That's what I mean when I say he sure is receiving good income (and it's a good thing), but at the same time, I doubt that's his main reason to be in blink.

it would be stupid to say matt's in blink for the money. he's in, because being in blink-182 was/is his biggest career opportunity.

alkaline trio is great, but it will never be as big as blink. and the chances are really low that other big bands would recruit matt skiba as their new (co-)frontman.

and it's a world where you just don't say no to your biggest opportunity. especially if you are a punk-rock musician in your 40's.

Would be really funny if Tom set something up, and now Marvel has approached the blink as it stands now to see if they're still interested in doing whatever it was he was trying to put together.

Honestly, what could blink do with Marvel though?  A comic series about the band?  I'd be more interested in that than about some dude named Poet Anderson.  But I really have to doubt that is something they'd do.  More likely than anything they just agreed to play a private Marvel gig or some comic convention or something like that.  Given their appearances at Blizzcon and E3, such a thing really wouldn't be hard to imagine.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe a song for an OST?

Oooh.  I hadn't considered that.  What does Marvel have coming up though?  And I'm talking films they're directly responsible for, none of X-Men or related films, as I don't think they have much of a say on stuff like soundtracks for those films.  So the next 4 Marvel films are: Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Thor: Ragnarok.  Beyond that you get to 2018, and I really doubt they'd be looking for a new song for something 2 years form now already.  We can easily eliminate Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, given that the soundtrack should be much like that of the first film with all songs coming from 2 mix tapes that Peter's mom left in the late 80s.  Doctor Strange does not look like a movie that would have blink songs, though it does look awesome.  Thor Ragnarok is a Hulk team up movie on another planet, I have no idea what I'd expect from that kind of soundtrack, but I'd have to doubt blink would show up there.

Spiderman however, everything about a blink-182 song showing up in a Spiderman movie where Peter Parker is very clearly a teenager in high school just makes sense to me.  If Marvel was indeed asking blink for a song in any of their upcoming films, my money would be on it being for Spiderman: Homecoming.