The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I used to play in some bands where the members of it, have different taste of music than me. They know that I like other kind of music such as Dream Theater, Metallica, Haken, and that's OK for them.

But then, when I mention that blink-182 was my first favorite band (and I still quote them as my #1) they go nuts. Something like "why the fuck do you like such a simple band? those guys are gays, are you? fuckin simple riffs, I can learn them in a day or so..."... and yeah, that's what I got everytime I mention blink.

But you know why? I don't care, fuck them. blink-182 for life.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

I used to play in some bands where the members of it, have different taste of music than me. They know that I like other kind of music such as Dream Theater, Metallica, Haken, and that's OK for them.

But then, when I mention that blink-182 was my first favorite band (and I still quote them as my #1) they go nuts. Something like "why the fuck do you like such a simple band? those guys are gays, are you? fuckin simple riffs, I can learn them in a day or so..."... and yeah, that's what I got everytime I mention blink.

But you know why? I don't care, fuck them. blink-182 for life.

the same thing happens to me but yeah, fuck them! blink-182 for life.

people always ask what my tattoo means. I say it's a blink-182 tattoo

some shun away like wtf and i just laugh at them.

bht occasionally people are like that's awesome. I even met a dude who toured with blink in aus in the 90's and have stayed friends with him.

blink-182. For life

It's pretty homoerotic to me. In fact, I'd say most metal is homo-erotic.

Metalheads are usually the worst about music (imo), in that they have such a boring interest in music. It's like Steve Vai shit, yeah it's complicated and impressive, but rarely does it make for great music. They just rest on "it's complicated" to justify a lot of it. Which is like saying something is the best cola because it has the hardest to pronounce ingredients. Big whoop.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Metalheads are usually the worst about music (imo), in that they have such a boring interest in music. It's like Steve Vai shit, yeah it's complicated and impressive, but rarely does it make for great music. They just rest on "it's complicated" to justify a lot of it. Which is like saying something is the best cola because it has the hardest to pronounce ingredients. Big whoop.

I listen to metal primarily and this is the fucking stupidest thing I've ever heard. 

Who would ever say Steve Vai is metal? He is guitar wankery and a douchebag.

You do know there are sub genres in metal where the point is to play as slow and simple as possible?

Maybe you should stick to Feldmann bashing and mom's chicken nuggets.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

I listen to metal primarily and this is the fucking stupidest thing I've ever heard. 

Who would ever say Steve Vai is metal? He is guitar wankery and a douchebag.

You do know there are sub genres in metal where the point is to play as slow and simple as possible?

Maybe you should stick to Feldmann bashing and mom's chicken nuggets.

I never said Steve Vai is metal. But fans of Steve Vai justify his music by the claim it's so advanced the technical that it has to be great. Hence my point about metal. Sorry I offended you, but yeah, it is what it is.

50 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

That's your opinion and I respect that. But, first of all, Dream Theater is not a metal band. Dream Theater is a progressive band, sure they have metal material but it is not the same for every album.

I don't agree with saying that the music or any song is garbage just because you don't like it. It is called musical taste. Saying that the musicians are very talented and technically advanced is not a justification of liking the songs, it is just a fact, like it or not.

I enjoy complex songs such as those kind of bands, as well as simple but catchy songs, just like blink-182.

• Like 1