The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

34 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Now Mark can run over and put his arm around that one new guy with dyed 90's blonde hair who just stands there motionless the entire time but still messes up half the songs. 

To be fair to Skiba I'd take a few off notes over entire songs being near unrecognisable due to shitty guitar tones and slurred vocals, which is what we were getting from Tom by the end.

32 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Now Mark can run over and put his arm around that one new guy with dyed 90's blonde hair who just stands there motionless the entire time but still messes up half the songs. 

I sense much anger in you, tombot.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I sense much anger in you, tombot.

I admit the dark side is taking great hold of me today. I just listened to Dude Ranch. Makes me nostalgic. What can I say? Came here to vent. And I'd claim to not be a Tombot (seen +44 twice, never saw Ava once) but that just makes me sound more like a Tombot so yeah...

3 minutes ago, Craig182 said:

Any ALK3 fans know what Skiba is like in their live shows? Is he likely to come out of his shell more for blink as time goes on?

Never got into Alk3 so that might be why it was news to me. Saw them at riotfest. They were OK. I think if Skiba was ever going to be more comfortable onstage it would've happened a long time ago.

And no, Skiba kinda stood there with Alk3 too.

28 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I admit the dark side is taking great hold of me today. I just listened to Dude Ranch. Makes me nostalgic. What can I say? Came here to vent. And I'd claim to not be a Tombot (seen +44 twice, never saw Ava once) but that just makes me sound more like a Tombot so yeah...

If he jumped around like Tom used to would you come here and complain that Skiba is just ripping Tom off instead of trying to be himself?

11 minutes ago, Craig182 said:

In all fairness thinking about it, when I saw blink in 2012 Tom hardly moved, didn't once come over to the side of the stage I was stood by. Mark was his usual self, skipping around.

Tom never moved around much after his back problems. I've seen them a few times since the reunion and he didn't really jump around but he did interact with the crowd a lot which was hilarious.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Maybe Matt should start flailing his arms around and yodeling to really capture the blink spirit.

No one is saying for him to act like Tom. Where do you see people saying that?

I just want him to look alive a little. He looks like he is a rhythm guitarist who is asked to stand at the back of the stage and not to move.

Maybe that's what Mark has actually told him lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

No one is saying for him to act like Tom. Where do you see people saying that?

I just want him to look alive a little. He looks like he is a rhythm guitarist who is asked to stand at the back of the stage and not to move.

Maybe that's what Mark has actually told him lol.

http://blink-182online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44024-blink-december-shows/&do=findComment&comment=1272714

12 hours ago, Craig182 said:

Any ALK3 fans know what Skiba is like in their live shows? Is he likely to come out of his shell more for blink as time goes on?

I don't think so. He's being Matt, just as he is: on stage, off stage and with all his weirdness and all.

Anyway, Alkaline Trio and blink are different bands with different members. In AK3 you can hear some banter between Dan and Matt, but is a different banter. Also, I think 'we' all should forget about Skiba being more Tom-ish onstage, which is what some people want to see. He's, to put it simply, not Tom, so I don't think we are going to see a kind of old school blink banter onstage.

You can see the live in las vegas show which is floating around youtube to see how an AK3 show is. And also some fan recorded ones in order to have an idea of their onstage presence.