The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

After Midnight was a good choice for a single. All it was missing was a good bridge and potentially another guitar riff, and it would've been pretty ace.

Blink should have gone with Even If She Falls, After Midnight, and Wishing Well for their singles. They totally botched all marketing opportunities with Neighbourhoods. 

I think After Midnight is worse than most of California. tied for worst song on Neighbourhoods with This Is Home. Dull as hell, terrible track. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

I'd kill to see a documentary that accurately shows the dissolution of Blink during their first hiatus, including that Tsunami benefit show that they backed out of in 2004, to the formation of AvA and +44, to Tom's drug use and all the craziest shit he said ("the best band in 20 years"), to Jerry Finn's death, to Travis' plane crash and struggles with drugs, to the reunion, the release of Neighbourhoods after a long delay of the promised single Up All Night, to DED, to Tom's commitment issues and unwillingness to record new material, to the Skiba/Feldmann era. 

Jesus Christ, that would be such an unreal documentary. So much drama and politics and so much time to cover. Too bad it'll never happen because of Tom and the image of the band. 

I think that would be fascinating, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets made someday. But it would most likely have to be made by someone other than the band or any of their companies. Kinda like how Michael Rapaport made that incredible documentary about A Tribe Called Quest a few years ago. Get the band members to cooperate and do interviews and try to get as much behind the scenes footage as you can, but tell the real story instead of the sanitized Official Band Version.

We had an idea, on 182online, to make our own blink documentary. Just piecing together all the drama from the footage available and filling in the gaps from interviews and such. I was going to edit it, and the rest were going to collate footage and write the script and stuff, but everyone was a little bit useless and I am not blink-savvy enough to do that much research alone so we gave up on it. It's a shame though, I'd love to edit that together. 

• Like 1

We had an idea, on 182online, to make our own blink documentary. Just piecing together all the drama from the footage available and filling in the gaps from interviews and such. I was going to edit it, and the rest were going to collate footage and write the script and stuff, but everyone was a little bit useless and I am not blink-savvy enough to do that much research alone so we gave up on it. It's a shame though, I'd love to edit that together. 

I remember that. That quickly fell apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I remember that. That quickly fell apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you don't know potentially is how much work myself elevator and frisky did behind the scenes haha, we did a lot of work on it but other people who were supposed to be involved just flaked on us and it made it not-do-able. Sucks. 

To be honest if people here were into the idea enough to put the work in I'd jump into edit it and do whatever else, and I think @Cheerios4u98s would offer that too. Considering @boxelders ridiculous blink knowledge and @daveyjones's history with the band and access to old material, I kind of think a team of us here could pull it off. It would need a decent writer to weave the history and anecdotes into a cohesive narrative thats also entertaining and we'd need someone for voice over work, and we couldn't use blinks music but I'm sure musicians here could do some old school pop punk instrumental stuff for background music (like @Speedo or maybe @Clarke if he was into it).

Like I can't imagine people wanting to do it, it's a lot of work for something only a handful of people would probably watch but I think it would interesting anyway. I remember years ago a smaller blink forum pieced together a bunch of different HD footage of one of the reunion tours to make one live show 'experience' from various angles, it was actually really well done. Stuff like that is cool as hell. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kay said:

What you don't know potentially is how much work myself elevator and frisky did behind the scenes haha, we did a lot of work on it but other people who were supposed to be involved just flaked on us and it made it not-do-able. Sucks. 

To be honest if people here were into the idea enough to put the work in I'd jump into edit it and do whatever else, and I think @Cheerios4u98s would offer that too. Considering @boxelders ridiculous blink knowledge and @daveyjones's history with the band and access to old material, I kind of think a team of us here could pull it off. It would need a decent writer to weave the history and anecdotes into a cohesive narrative thats also entertaining and we'd need someone for voice over work, and we couldn't use blinks music but I'm sure musicians here could do some old school pop punk instrumental stuff for background music (like @Speedo or maybe @Clarke if he was into it).

Like I can't imagine people wanting to do it, it's a lot of work for something only a handful of people would probably watch but I think it would interesting anyway. I remember years ago a smaller blink forum pieced together a bunch of different HD footage of one of the reunion tours to make one live show 'experience' from various angles, it was actually really well done. Stuff like that is cool as hell. 

I bet this place could easily piece together a 2 hour blink documentary. Like you said though just a matter of how many people are interested in coming up with the story and getting the videos all together etc.