The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think it's both. Mark very obviously writes differently now because of Feldy's influence and some self-admitted writer's block problems over the past decade. And since that's how he chooses to write now I'm not nearly as much of a fan. But I didn't "grow out of" his music, in my opinion he got worse at making new music so I'm not as into it. I still like the old stuff and not just for nostalgia either!

• Love 1

On 9/24/2017 at 8:12 PM, Champ182 said:

why the fuck does Mark always sound so weak/weird/horrible in the intro of Cynical?

Not only that but the way he sings Life's too short to last songs sounds so bad everytime. And also, just drop Built This pool bc he can't that either

http://www.musicradar.com/news/travis-barker-talks-pushing-boundaries-with-blink-studio-sessions-galore-and-following-up-his-stunning-solo-album

Nice interview with Travis that gives some insight to his future plans. Nothing about blink at the end of the year like originally planned. Not to say it's not happening but I feel based on what he says he could use a breather to work in different genres. Stoked to see the album from Omar with Mars Volta is still happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/travis-barker-talks-pushing-boundaries-with-blink-studio-sessions-galore-and-following-up-his-stunning-solo-album

Nice interview with Travis that gives some insight to his future plans. Nothing about blink at the end of the year like originally planned. Not to say it's not happening but I feel based on what he says he could use a breather to work in different genres. Stoked to see the album from Omar with Mars Volta is still happening.

great article. My 2 blink takeaways:

1. It's clear Mark is in charge of the setlist bc Travis and Matt have said on separate occasions they wish they played certain songs live.

2. I didn't realize Travis changed the drums for the down and I miss you outros on a nightly basis. I never payed attention to that and now I wanna go back and watch the shows to see the differences.

• Like 1