The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i didn’t read the book. what kind of things did he admit to?

Just now, boxelder said:

IIRC he was just a pussy hound. fucked anyone who came along, did a lot of drugs in the process (mostly between 03 and 08)

There was that birthday party where he had 20 odd different women take turns giving him head in a room full of people, and other stuff like that.

Most people didn't seem that bothered or disgusted by his book but it massively made me lose respect for him, even though he seemed apologetic about a lot of his past actions. 

His book was fine, he opened up and revealed things about his personal life and everyone just seems to act like it was all about sex/drugs. He goes through his entire life right up to the point of Matt playing MusInk, of course being a rockstar, there is going to be a lot of sex and drugs. There was a huge period of his life (and arguably his prime) where it was music/drugs/sex, and he openly talks about. What else would you expect? He's said it was hard for him to share a lot of things knowing his kids will read this, but it was therapeutic. I gained a lot of respect for him putting it all out there. Everyone's done stupid shit 10+ years ago that you would be embarrassed about now.

Travis doesn't seem like he's ever had any issues getting girls (it's even mentioned in the book), I highly doubt any non-consensual things would happen. Unless it's one of these "George Bush touched my butt in 1972" type of allegations.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Travis doesn't seem like he's ever had any issues getting girls (it's even mentioned in the book), I highly doubt any non-consensual things would happen. Unless it's one of these "George Bush touched my butt in 1972" type of allegations.

or george bush touched my butt in 2017

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

i don't even remember that @Kay! admittedly though, i skimmed through a lot. you can only hear so many "i took 90 vicodin" and "that chick from the always shoot was hot, we fucked later," until it all becomes a blur lol

I always thought Travis and the always girl had the best onscreen chemistry. 

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

His book was fine, he opened up and revealed things about his personal life and everyone just seems to act like it was all about sex/drugs. He goes through his entire life right up to the point of Matt playing MusInk, of course being a rockstar, there is going to be a lot of sex and drugs. There was a huge period of his life (and arguably his prime) where it was music/drugs/sex, and he openly talks about. What else would you expect? He's said it was hard for him to share a lot of things knowing his kids will read this, but it was therapeutic. I gained a lot of respect for him putting it all out there. Everyone's done stupid shit 10+ years ago that you would be embarrassed about now.

I'm sorry but I highly doubt anyone here has done half the level of ridiculous stuff Travis did. 

Yeah he's a rockstar, doesn't excuse a lot of it. like it's nice that he is self aware of how ridiculous some of it is and that he regrets some of it now but it still doesn't magically erase how skeevy a lot of it is. 

2 hours ago, Capsov said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-greatest-pop-punk-albums-w508222

Blink pulls #8 and #2 with Dude Ranch and Enema. Bit of a shit list by not including Self Titled or WYHSB. And Riot! in the top ten????

Not terrible.. Don't like some of those like FOB ahead of Dude Ranch? But I agree with Enema #2, Dookie #1.  Also wyhsb and self titled aren't really pop punk, kind of an all new style, alternative.

Ah, that list made me nostalgic.

• Like 1