The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 11/16/2017 at 3:53 AM, kcx182 said:

Finally...

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is a great find. I noticed that one of the songs being played during Travis' solo is Misfits' Hybrid Moments - which blink started covering live around 2014. I think Tom mentioned that Travis really likes this song but had no idea he had played over it before.

• Like 1

On 16.11.2017 at 10:09 PM, daveyjones said:

this list reads like someone looked up "pop punk" on wikipedia and then listed the albums that sold the best.

the net has been cast so widely here as to be of little use. unknown road on the same ledger as good charlotte? worlds apart in terms of genre. the representative choices are also super odd. jimmy eat world's masterpiece, acknowledged by everyone, is clarity. stranger than fiction is not even close to BR's best record.

just super weird.

I think they just tried to widen the genre as much as possible.

• Like 1

Really liked the STFTK bridge. Those pieces of music were pretty nice, and something that, maybe, was hinting to what blink wanted to develop on their next record.

Fuck, as much as I dig in that perior, the most I think we really missed a very interesting and excitin incarnation of blink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andyscott182 said:

recognize the riff? 

yesss! Tom Fallen Interlude acoustic version!

RIP Lil Peep :(

I'm 100% certain if I were 11 years old today -the age I started listening to Blink in 2000s- I would have been a fan of Lil uzi Vert Lil Peep XXXtentacion etc etc. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us would have been. Same vibes with 18 years gap.

Unfortunately, Blink audience is 90% weak-minded and can't have the mental perspective to agree with this.

2 hours ago, PabloPerrault said:

yesss! Tom Fallen Interlude acoustic version!

RIP Lil Peep :(

I'm 100% certain if I were 11 years old today -the age I started listening to Blink in 2000s- I would have been a fan of Lil uzi Vert Lil Peep XXXtentacion etc etc. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us would have been. Same vibes with 18 years gap.

Unfortunately, Blink audience is 90% weak-minded and can't have the mental perspective to agree with this.

Nope. I tried.  Read your post after never having heard of this guy in my life.  I wish I still hadn't.- that was awful and everything it stands.  

I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.  At least he is immensely talented.

8 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Nope. I tried.  Read your post after never having heard of this guy in my life.  I wish I still hadn't.- that was awful and everything it stands.  

I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.  At least he is immensely talented.

as I said, I guess you aren't 10/13 years old anymore, and don't get the perspective of being a kid in 2017. 

and yes obviously you'd rather listen to Bieber, he is +- from our generation. perspective is the key.

36 minutes ago, PabloPerrault said:

as I said, I guess you aren't 10/13 years old anymore, and don't get the perspective of being a kid in 2017. 

and yes obviously you'd rather listen to Bieber, he is +- from our generation. perspective is the key.

Or because the music sucks ass and has no creative talent whatsoever.  

I listen to artists from all generations.. country, heavy metal, punk rock, pop, instrumentals, hip hop.. 

Talentlessis talentless.

7 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

Man I wish Blink became a 4 piece band with Tom back in it, assuming he'd comply with recording and not get too sloppy on stage and have a decent guitar tone. 

Sounds absolutely horrific. Less so recording but the live show would be an absolute shit show. 

Tom is sloppy live on guitar, Skiba has his flaws too - all three of them seriously struggle to sing in key anymore and any potential harmonies could be an absolute disaster. 

• Like 2

I never saw any appeal in them continuing as a fourpiece either... If tom  comes back, there's no use for skiba anymore....

i think tom wouldn't have any problems writing that same bored to death riff over and over again...

Also, tom is so sloppy and all over the place live, so it would sound absolutely disastrous with another guitarist.