The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeeeah I mean, I'd only want Tom back if Matt went back to alk3 and Tom suddenly remembered how to sing live normally but that'll never happen. 

My choice now would probably be to just call it a day and let us enjoy the memories of the good times.

Failing that, bring Tom back and bin Matt.

Sadly I think we're going to get at least one more album of bastardised-182 featuring John Feldman. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Blink need to call it a day. 

+1

i wish they had realised this sooner. a great legacy torn to shit.

imagine if they would've stayed split up after selftitled. They would be in such a good memory to all of us...

I also enjoyed Neighborhoods and DED, but california is the record that forced me to rephrase the way i tell someone about my favourite bands "...blinks my favourite band, up until california" i'd feel embarassed if someone believed that's the music i like!

Such a struggle

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

jesus, you guys are sad and pathetic

Just let go Ghent, it's over.

Your persistence is admirable but it must be exhausting to feign this level of fandom. It'll drive you insane eventually, just accept it and move on - might not seem like it right now but it's for the best in the long run. 

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Sounds absolutely horrific. Less so recording but the live show would be an absolute shit show. 

Tom is sloppy live on guitar, Skiba has his flaws too - all three of them seriously struggle to sing in key anymore and any potential harmonies could be an absolute disaster. 

Can it really get any worse than it is now? 

29 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

I don't see any reason for them to call it quits. They're enjoying what they're doing and still getting a decent audience. Some fans deeming their new music and live show "cringe" is hardly an excuse.

The fan base at large is obviously still supportive of what's going on. It's just a group of the same miserable people on here that can't move on. The band isn't even active right now and the same crew is still on here crying for them to quit. I only bother to check in on it every couple of months now, the echo chamber got old fast

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Even Travis will one day slow down.

Physically sure, but I think he'll always give it his all when he's behind the kit.

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

Blink need to call it a day. 

I always imagine how they would be perceived if they never got back together after Untitled. Quitting at the top of your game. Pretty bad ass...

Anyways, if they're gonna release more stuff like California, then maybe they should. They'll be like Green Day with their Uno, Dos, Tres records or whatever. Nothing exciting, nothing new, just regurgitating the same old shit. What's the point then really.

Hey guys been a while...
Here is what I think would work as far as a Tom Delonge reunion is concerned. It would be weird but I still think it would work.
Essentially let Tom record and tour with them only when he wants to as long as it does not get in their way.
Tom could write like 5 out of the 12-14 songs on the albums and sing his own songs while he is present on stage.
While he is gone Matt could fill in for everything Tom would usually do.

That is what I think would work for all of them however what would be ideal for me is Tom coming back and Matt going back to Alkaline for a while.
Although I wouldn't mind Matt continuing to write with blink in the future once Tom is off to do his next escapade haha.