The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

Hi, 

Random question here: When did blink record the cover ''Another Girl, Another Planet''?

My guess is early 04? Cause i don't think they would be in the studio during mid/late 04. Or could it be during the Self-Titled days around late 03? It really has that Self-Titled style in arrangement and production.

it was definitely recorded during a fall break from touring on untitled around thanksgiving 2004, just before they set off for their last UK tour (when shit hit the fan). footage of them recording the song with ryan hewitt (engineer on untitled) can be found on the meet the barkers ep called "thanksgiving". tom seems a little annoyed lol

• Like 2

Surprise!

Makes sense. Never thought about it and always thought they recorded it during Untitled sessions. In fact, my conspiranoic side always thought they recorded that cover and a studio version of A Letter To Elise during Untitled sessions, but the last one just went unreleased.

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I always thought the production sounded more "light" and shiny compared to Untitled so I guess I always assumed it was from its own session. Definitely wish they would've recorded Letter To Elise though, man that was fucking great.

You know what? I agree, when I listened to it I though, "ok, maybe they recorded it on the Untitled sessions, but was not THAT produced". Is more direct.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Hm??? Did they really lol

Yea there’s video of it on tmz. The same acoustic setup as they used for the live shows lol. Although it wasn’t in aoki’s House, it was a billionaires house in Beverly Hills for Aokis birthday, but also a charity event for aokis charity. At least that’s what the article said.

19 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Oh and that show was 70 minutes, for those of you who complain about Blink's current set time. 

good point, was wondering when someone would make

11 minutes ago, knapton said:

Anything new happening with this band?

i think it's a lost cause. even when they do come back with a new album with feldy, my interest is at an all time low

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I did!

61,532 mins of music

4,959 different songs (top songs: "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz, "Army" by Ben Folds Five, "The Great Curve" by Talking Heads, "Rainbow" by Jeff Rosenstock, "Get Old Forever" by Jeff Rosenstock)

392 different artists (top artists: Jeff Rosenstock, Gorillaz, Tyler, the Creator, The Strokes, Weezer)

134 genres (top genre: rock)

137 songs skipped

• Like 1