The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

42 minutes ago, Nasa said:

I did!

61,532 mins of music

4,959 different songs (top songs: "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz, "Army" by Ben Folds Five, "The Great Curve" by Talking Heads, "Rainbow" by Jeff Rosenstock, "Get Old Forever" by Jeff Rosenstock)

392 different artists (top artists: Jeff Rosenstock, Gorillaz, Tyler, the Creator, The Strokes, Weezer)

134 genres (top genre: rock)

137 songs skipped

I love that song so much!

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Anybody else see their Spotify year-end feature where it shows you the bands and songs you listened to most? I was confused about why Blink were in my most listened to bands until I remembered Cali Deluxe came out this year. I really tried to get into it haha then forgot it existed. 

Is this only an option if you have a paying subscription to Spotify? I have the free version. Or am I stupid and I can't find it?

22 minutes ago, bastard said:

Is this only an option if you have a paying subscription to Spotify? I have the free version. Or am I stupid and I can't find it?

i usually use the web player and had to download the app to see mine. i think it’s under genres, a big 2017 image will appear

33 minutes ago, bastard said:

Yes

edit: yes to your first question lol

some news! california and bored to death have both been certified gold by the RIAA. these represent blink's first certifications since 2005 -- their first gold album since untitled (which went on to go double platinum) and first singles since i miss you and feeling this. 

• Like 4

Flicking through live shows on YouTube and saw they played a few songs from the dogs eating dogs ep ...never knew this kinda thought they released that ep and then tom flaked again back to ava...

Fuck me the hype back then i had after that dogs eating dogs ep ! In the videos it seemed tom had a new lease on life with blink and was enjoying himself too..

I thought we were going to get a special album after that ep...how wrong i was.

Im thinking that must of been the time a little after that that toms ufo shit must of been taking off cus thats when he fucked blink off not long after that.

good for them !

I think california was a big commercial success... since that's the only thing the guys seem to care about now, I'm sure they're happy how it turned out.

Don't think tom feels like a dumbass at all after reading that, i can't imagine tom letting blink go down that cookie cutter easy way out path. Tom is a fucking wierdo, but he needs to be challenged to be into something. mark on the other hand is more then happy to let feldman create his own vision of the band and forcing it on mark. he couldn't actually give fewer fucks about it.

I'm really disapointed tom doesn't engage in music anymore, but nothing angers me more then marks attitude towards being a musican. Can't stand the guy anymore tbh 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Nice! Even if you hate this album/era, it's still nice to see them have success. Hopefully Tom feels like a dumbass for at least a few seconds when he reads that.

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2017/12/07/blink-182s-california-album-earns-gold-certification-single-bored-death-also-goes-gold/

What is @_Kyle_ going to come up with now to discredit this era? 29 million dollar World Tour, #1 album, Grammy Nominated album, Gold Record, Gold Single, happy functional band... what a failure!

Lol, oh I'm sure if Neighborhoods got a re-release with 10 extra songs, it would of gone Gold.

RIAA of today is willing to inflate the actual buys with digital spins (this wasn't happening with Neighborhoods). It's not even the same.

13 hours ago, boxelder said:

some news! california and bored to death have both been certified gold by the RIAA. these represent blink's first certifications since 2005 -- their first gold album since untitled (which went on to go double platinum) and first singles since i miss you and feeling this. 

Awesome! Congrats to them on all the success. Was an epic comeback.

Now hopefully they can follow it up with something even better

1 hour ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

good for them !

I think california was a big commercial success... since that's the only thing the guys seem to care about now, I'm sure they're happy how it turned out.

Don't think tom feels like a dumbass at all after reading that, i can't imagine tom letting blink go down that cookie cutter easy way out path. Tom is a fucking wierdo, but he needs to be challenged to be into something. mark on the other hand is more then happy to let feldman create his own vision of the band and forcing it on mark. he couldn't actually give fewer fucks about it.

I'm really disapointed tom doesn't engage in music anymore, but nothing angers me more then marks attitude towards being a musican. Can't stand the guy anymore tbh 

L.O.L.

Didn't eveyrone get mad at Tom cause he supposdely was just in it for the money?  Mark and Travis very obviously are just playing it as safe as possible in order to make as much money off of their old band name as possible at this point.

I mean, there's good points to Cali/DLX, but nothing on it touches any of the honesty in Mark's previous efforts, it's not genuine music, it's music catered to selling/making money.