The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

They should do a ten year anniversary for Untitled tour and just straight play that album every night.

thatd be badass but i cant see them playing go, heres your letter , and im lost without you

They played Go in milwaukee in 2009, and in 2004 they'd alternate between go and here's your letter each night.  The only song from self titled that they haven't played live yet is I'm lost without you, and we know that in 2009 Mark wanted to play it live.

did he actually say that or did he say that in the sasha interview? i can't remember.

I dunno if anyone said here, but they are actually adding some more Neighbourhoods songs they haven't played before. There were mixed feelings as to whether they'd bother with doing that lol.

is this a cover of something?

I think it's a song they wrote after recording maybe, or just didn't record? Someone correct me if it's a cover... Mandy is a cover of course, the BCR version kicks ass.

They had it before pretty sure, they just didn't record it.  Sound like it could have been good, but then again everything boxcar did was awesome...

They should do a ten year anniversary for Untitled tour and just straight play that album every night.

thatd be badass but i cant see them playing go, heres your letter , and im lost without you

They played Go in milwaukee in 2009, and in 2004 they'd alternate between go and here's your letter each night.  The only song from self titled that they haven't played live yet is I'm lost without you, and we know that in 2009 Mark wanted to play it live.

did he actually say that or did he say that in the sasha interview? i can't remember.

They were debating whether or not to play it in 2009, i remember the tweets.

They were debating whether or not to play it in 2009, i remember the tweets.

God Tom would sound awful on that song.

I dunno if anyone said here, but they are actually adding some more Neighbourhoods songs they haven't played before. There were mixed feelings as to whether they'd bother with doing that lol.

I think it's a song they wrote after recording maybe, or just didn't record? Someone correct me if it's a cover... Mandy is a cover of course, the BCR version kicks ass.

They had it before pretty sure, they just didn't record it.  Sound like it could have been good, but then again everything boxcar did was awesome...

They wrote it after...pretty sure they introduced it as a new song at one of their shows...

They wrote it after...pretty sure they introduced it as a new song at one of their shows...

Alright, good to know.

lol yeah, can this debate NOT happen again?

The set list is fine. It's like every other band's set list (at their popularity level).

We all wish they'd play older songs and deep cuts, but we are super fans. Our opinions represent a small minority of blink fans.

Stop this nonsense.

Most bands when they release a new album actually play songs off it. Blink use to do that all the time.

They wonder why their albums doesn't sell when they tour it and they only play 4 songs from it.

I'd love a 10-year-anniversary-tour of the untitled album. The songs I'd like to hear from Neighborhoods are GOTDF, Wishing Well, HAG, This is Home and Even if she Falls this summer tour.

If I could chose a setlist that they'd had to play, the setlist would definitely include the following songs: Josie, Dysentery Gary, Going away to College, Dumpweed, WMAA, Adam's Song, Reckless Abandon, Feeling This, Go, Obvious, Carousel, Dammit, GOTDF and Even if She falls.

Most bands when they release a new album actually play songs off it. Blink use to do that all the time.

They wonder why their albums doesn't sell when they tour it and they only play 4 songs from it.

Do you realise they haven't had a Neighbourhoods tour yet?!??!?!?!!?

That was their fault for taking longer on the album than originally planned, but they ARE playing songs off it on its' tour. Doug has said that they are adding more Neighbourhoods songs now that they hadn't played before, this is the real Neighbourhoods tour, finally. They hardly played any shows since the album was actually out (what, like 7 on the HCT maybe a few more after?). They even played songs off it before it was out despite not really wanting to...

It would've been a lot of extra work and kinda stupid to prepare 7-9 Neighbourhoods songs for the HCT but not be able to play them all until the albums out, because it really does kinda ruin the release then, and would also be boring as FUCK for a crowd to hear about 8 songs they barely even know.  They would've had to do live production, set up and everything for all those extra songs only to play them for the end of the tour.

They will play lots of new songs like every other band on the new albums tour. The problem with promotion is that they haven't even had a tour for the album until like 8 months later lol, not the set list.

Do you realise they haven't had a Neighbourhoods tour yet?!??!?!?!!?

That was their fault for taking longer on the album than originally planned, but they ARE playing songs off it on its' tour. Doug has said that they are adding more Neighbourhoods songs now that they hadn't played before, this is the real Neighbourhoods tour, finally. They hardly played any shows since the album was actually out (what, like 7 on the HCT maybe a few more after?). They even played songs off it before it was out despite not really wanting to...

It would've been a lot of extra work and kinda stupid to prepare 7-9 Neighbourhoods songs for the HCT but not be able to play them all until the albums out, because it really does kinda ruin the release then, and would also be boring as FUCK for a crowd to hear about 8 songs they barely even know.  They would've had to do live production, set up and everything for all those extra songs only to play them for the end of the tour.

They will play lots of new songs like every other band on the new albums tour. The problem with promotion is that they haven't even had a tour for the album like 8 months later lol, not the set list.

most of you still talk about the upcoming tour as a greatest hits tour where they cannot ditch any song they played in the past 3 years (the only exception is first date, because ghent doesn't like it)

if they want to promote neighborhoods, they need to dump some hits. or shorten them to put 6 songs into a 6-minute medley. i guess the latter would be the better solution.

^ Why'd you quote me lol? I didn't say I want it to be a greatest hits tour again. A medley would be a great idea at this point.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong on my last post saying they haven't played many shows since 27th September last year, I was kinda in a parallel universe October-January, but I'm pretty sure there were just some shows here and there then...

i just wanted to emphasize your thought about it will/can/should be the neighborhoods promo tour. because others are convinced it can't be anything but a greatest hits tour again. unfortunately, it seems like they'll be right, but i really hope it won't be that way. (and if it'll be a neighborhoods tour, every hit can't be kept on the setlist in their entirety, so it makes no sense to call anyone "a pretty shitty blink fan" if they wish for a less boring list of old and new songs, or medleys or sped up versions.)

lol yeah, can this debate NOT happen again?

The set list is fine. It's like every other band's set list (at their popularity level).

We all wish they'd play older songs and deep cuts, but we are super fans. Our opinions represent a small minority of blink fans.

Stop this nonsense.

They have only played a handful of shows since the album came out. Sometimes your arguments suck bad.

Well at the very least it was really stupid on their part to release an album in the middle of a tour. They should have played more songs off the new album. Should have added more as the tour went on. Now we got this bullshit tour that stops in like 3 places in America and that is suppose to be the album tour? Crock of shit. Very bad planning.

If what you say is true Tyler, than I am fine with it.

But their whole live act needs fixing. When Untitled came out they incorporated the album into the show.

Instead of whining about the set list, people should be concerned with Tom leaving the band after the tour.

Based on the last interview and all of the shit Tom has announced with AVA, it almost seems like he might leave blink again after this tour. He probably wouldn't make it official, but I could see it all falling apart again.

Really hope this doesn't happen. I'm going to be so pissed and truly hate Tom forever if they don't continue after this. That would be proof that he rejoined blink 100% for the money.