The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Nine, Random Crap)

Kay

Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Nine, Random Crap)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Song here?

• Time [Buddha]
    • Reebok Commercial [Buddha]
    • 21 Days [Buddha]
    • Point Of View [Buddha]
    • My Pet Sally [Buddha]
    • Don't [Buddha]
    • Red Skies [Flyswatter]
    • Alone [Flyswatter]
    • Marlboro Man [Flyswatter]
    • I Won't Be Home For Christmas
    • Wrecked Him [They Came To Conquer Uranus]
    • Zulu [They Came To Conquer Uranus]
    • Better Days
    • When I Was Young [DED]
    • Dogs Eating Dogs [DED]
    • Disaster [DED]
    • Boxing Day [DED]
    • Pretty Little Girl [DED]

I voted Dogs Eating Dogs (the song) it annoys me how it sounds like Ducks Eating Ducks. 

Big fan of PLG, but as seems to be general consensus, the rap is fucking hideous, i used to have the version without the rap, so thank you to who ever reposted that, i can finally enjoy that song again!

53 minutes ago, Kay said:

Can't believe people are voting Dead Mans Curve, fuckin' love that song

I like Dead Mans Curve too. Think it's getting votes because it's just different to the usual blink stuff. Happened with the smiley face album. People were voting All of This. People voted Fighting the Gravity for Neighborhoods too.

Would've thought Another Girl, Another Planet would've made this list! Although I'd never vote for that as the worst song. Great cover. Wish A Letter to Elise was recorded like that.

I'm surprised about Pretty Little Girl being the worst so far. It's one of my favourite songs. Yeah, the rap let's it down and seems out of place, but the verses are fucking great, as are every other parts of the song. Just that rap is the only thing that's just crap. Lyrically it's great. One of the best lyrics in a blink song IMO. Honest Tom is always good.

Some of these songs I'll have to listen to. Not voted yet because I can't decide. I can't even remember some of them songs.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

I like Dead Mans Curve too. Think it's getting votes because it's just different to the usual blink stuff. Happened with the smiley face album. People were voting All of This. People voted Fighting the Gravity for Neighborhoods too.

Would've thought Another Girl, Another Planet would've made this list! Although I'd never vote for that as the worst song. Great cover. Wish A Letter to Elise was recorded like that.

I'm surprised about Pretty Little Girl being the worst so far. It's one of my favourite songs. Yeah, the rap let's it down and seems out of place, but the verses are fucking great, as are every other parts of the song. Just that rap is the only thing that's just crap. Lyrically it's great. One of the best lyrics in a blink song IMO. Honest Tom is always good.

Some of these songs I'll have to listen to. Not voted yet because I can't decide. I can't even remember some of them songs.

I purposely left off covers, hence Another Girl Another Planet. I always assumed Dead Mans Curve was a cover but wasnt actually sure hence the inclusion. I figured if I was wrong someone would have yelled by now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kay said:

I purposely left off covers, hence Another Girl Another Planet. I always assumed Dead Mans Curve was a cover but wasnt actually sure hence the inclusion. I figured if I was wrong someone would have yelled by now. 

Oh haha, I thought you was including covers since Dead Mans Curve was originally from that Jan & Dan or whatever they're called. I'd have loved for blink to cover more 60's songs actually.

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Oh haha, I thought you was including covers since Dead Mans Curve was originally from that Jan & Dan or whatever they're called. I'd have loved for blink to cover more 60's songs actually.

See I wasn't sure if it was a cover or if it was a 'homage', I know very little about it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kay said:

See I wasn't sure if it was a cover or if it was a 'homage', I know very little about it. 

I'm not sure if it was for a TV show or something. First time I knew it was a cover was when I played it in front of my Dad, and he knew that it wasn't the original song.

8 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm not sure if it was for a TV show or something. First time I knew it was a cover was when I played it in front of my Dad, and he knew that it wasn't the original song.

Man, that may need to be removed then haha christ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Could do a covers edition. Not sure if there's enough songs, so you'd probably have to include live ones as well.

Nah screw that, blink written only. Plus I like the idea of the final being round 10, and it makes sense to just be originals. to be fair for this poll, it's the top 2 that go forward and DMC is currently tying with Disaster. if I remove it now it would've been tied anyway. 

if anyone is mad at me sorry, if those who voted DMC don't get to revote after its removed PM me what you voted for and I'll add it into the final count. Sorry!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

This is probably the hardest round for me as I dislike quite a lot of the Buddha only songs and Flyswatter is barely even music. 

Gonna go My Pet Sally.

How has DED got so many votes yet all the old shite has none, Jesus. 

I think most people forgive/don't mind the oldies but there's little to no excuse for the problems on DED. like I don't care about some of the old ones, but I detest Disaster.

Plus some of the old ones are charming even if the recordings are bad. My Pet Sally is one of my fave blink songs, for example :P 

I've grown to love Disaster a lot. It sounds like an AvA song, except I like it. I've never been that much into Ava, but Disaster does the AvA sound so well. 

I never got how anyone could like Blink and not like Buddha and Flyswatter. 

9 hours ago, thongrider said:

I've grown to love Disaster a lot. It sounds like an AvA song, except I like it. I've never been that much into Ava, but Disaster does the AvA sound so well. 

I never got how anyone could like Blink and not like Buddha and Flyswatter. 

Because Flyswatter is fucking awful. If you mapped Blink in terms relative to a human life span then Flyswatter would be the childhood leukemia that Blink overcame to go on to do great things. Christ, take a little pride in yourself.

Buddha is great, I love it. But Flyswatter is hard to listen to. I used to like Alone back in the day and I think Red Skies but I don't really remember them now. I would save the jazzy bass intro to Marlboro Man though. 

Pretty Little Girl is probably the only genuine song Tom has written during the post reunion years. And I voted for Disaster, I don't hate it but it never felt like a blink song to me.