Blink-lite

High Value Man

On 13/9/2017 at 4:10 PM, Champ182 said:

The thing that kinda sucks is that Matt sounds MUCH better singing low nowadays, and so does Mark, but for the classic "blink formula" to work they need that contrast of voices. I think he sounds pretty good singing his own songs live, but when he sings Tom's parts he doesn't sound natural because he doesn't use his voice the same way.

It's a conundrum for me because I don't like Cali or Deluxe very much but I would much rather see them play those songs live than hear him sing Tom's parts haha.

I agree.

That's why they need to evolve and no to try to anchor themselves in a formula that, pretty much, doesn't fit them anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I agree.

That's why they need to evolve and no to try to anchor themselves in a formula that, pretty much, doesn't fit them anymore.

But they're convinced the angsty, teen-pop blink formula still works while being completely ignorant of the fact that they are heading towards pure nostalgia by constantly keeping their feet planted firmly in the past, both in their lyrics and song compositions. Sad thing is we'll never get another Untitled or fuck, not even another WYHSB, which should be the goal when you're minus Tom. Instead they like writing songs about teenagers. Tom has this problem still too, to be fair. I truly think you could make blink's worst album of all time if you take Cali, mix it with DLX and add a dash of Tom's solo Odds & Ends. I'm not asking blink, past or present members, to change the wheel here. Just drive in a different lane for once. Bands used to copy blink's sound. Now blink tries to copy old blink.

• Like 3