Enter Shikari new album, The Spark

Ghost

I've been spinning it since the first week of august. It's weird. I loved this band so much when they released A Flash Floood Of Colour, impressive record. This one is far from that approach. Well, it's not the opposite but, it feels akward to listen to songs like The Sights and feel like they have been written by Bleachers. Is not a bad thing per se, you know (I love Bleachers), but it0s just like it does not sound like Enter Shikari. 

Definitely they are looking for a more poppy/synth sound.

Edit: but I'm loving it as fuck, seriously. Not like they sound like the ole ES, but hey, it works.

Promo stuff, their management sent us the album back on the first week of august or reviewing purposes. Also, we're confirmed for an interview. I hope it does not end up as the Feldmann one (which I've reminded again to the Goldfinger management, which is the same agency that sent us the Enter Shikari album, but I don't know if he's gonna write us back ever the answers)

Back to the Enter Shikari record, my favourite? I must say the first single got my ear really quick (I didn't listened to it until I got the record), but there are interesting jams as Rabble Rouser. I love how that song just maintains you in tension. You expect it to explode somehow, but it doesn't. Little coitus interruptus,hahaha. I think it's one of the songs that keep better the old Shikari spirit, TBH, but without a hardcore part that blows it all. Also, I love songs like Airfield. It's really different, but it biulds an interesting crescendo that has its own climax and ends up on a big calm, just like the song begins.

Also liking The Revolt Of The Atoms. Funny concept for a lyric. Not a shiny song on the album, but you know, is that kind of songs you like it without being special. I like both the intro of the album and the outro. They are pretty much the same thing, but with some tweaks here and there. Instrumental pieces that blend really well if you keep the album playing on repeat from top to bottom.

Take My Country Back is the political song of the LP. Love it. Pretty much one of my favourites. Also, the one, along with Rabble Rouser, that maintains the old ES spirit, but you know, they are just less screaming now.

One thing I liked a lot is how Rou has been working on his voice performance. He's shoiwing here some baritone range, also some falsettos. He's trying to explore different approaches, and you can hear some Bowie influences on that.

I think this can be that kind of albums that polarize the fan base. A la Paramore or Bring Me The Horizon latests efforts. I'm loving it, though. I get it as them trying to anticipate themselves on getting too much 'the old same shit' feeling. They want to evolve and try to not repeat the formula, I guess. Fair enough.

Gotta ask how you got your hands on it so early? I'm loving rabble rouser and live outside is decent. The leaked samples of the rest of the tracks sound so uplifting and positive. Excited.

Whats your personal favourite on the album, Ghost?

Speaking of which...