Forum update - Design changes

Dean

Loving it so far. Maybe some background color on the general background of t he boards will be nice (like a clear grey or something to avoid all white), but other than that, I'm cool with it.

It's me or it goes a little bit faster too?

I thought that, too. my work internet is slow as all hell but this sure feels zippier than usual, might just be the newness playing tricks on us though.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I think I've fixed all the problems you've all mentioned, let me know if you're still having issues with anything

15 hours ago, Zoltan said:

let's try out a blue-ish background:

body { background-color: #e1e7ef; }

vw5Nhxv.png

I like this! I might need to adjust some of the text colours so it fits well but I'll give this a try.

54 minutes ago, Dean said:

Awesome, glad you folks like it. I'm pretty happy with it now that we have some blue back :)

It looks great. btw Dean, how does the rep work with the new emote system? is it still only 'likes' that count or does it include the 'love' icon? mildly curious

1 hour ago, Kay said:

It looks great. btw Dean, how does the rep work with the new emote system? is it still only 'likes' that count or does it include the 'love' icon? mildly curious

Each react can be assigned either a +1, -1 or 0 score, affecting the rep accordingly. I assigned angry and sad as 0 and the others as +1 (being able to lower someone's rep seems unnecessary). 

More than happy to consider changes if anybody has ideas! 

The icons are all customisable too, I chose the Facebook ones because they're clear and recognisable, but if anybody thinks they can find/make some better ones (100px X 100px or larger) we could mix it up a bit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

Each react can be assigned either a +1, -1 or 0 score, affecting the rep accordingly. I assigned angry and sad as 0 and the others as +1 (being able to lower someone's rep seems unnecessary). 

More than happy to consider changes if anybody has ideas! 

The icons are all customisable too, I chose the Facebook ones because they're clear and recognisable, but if anybody thinks they can find/make some better ones (100px X 100px or larger) we could mix it up a bit. 

Oh dude I'd totally make some if people didn't want the FB versions, that sounds like fun! wonder if I could make them blink related... okay ignore me for now haha, thanks for the break down of how they work that makes a lot of sense. I agree neg repping could end up badly. We had neg repping on 182online and on other forums I've been on and some people just get very petty and stuff with it, best avoid it all together. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I could make emoji's, I've never tried but it seems like something simple enough in illustrator. I imagine Mike would do it better but he's rarely here. I'll have a brain storm this weekend.