Hi, everyone, and thanks to the mods for letting me in. ;D It's nice to now be a part of this forum. My name is Sebastián, I'm 27 and I live in Argentina. I work as a Mathematics professor in college/university - last year I received my degree.

Like most of you, I'm a Blink-182 fan. I discovered the band in 2000 when I saw the "What's my age again?" video on MTV. The very first time I entered a record store was that November, to choose a CD as my 11th birthday present. I saw the cover of the live album (which had just come out) and it was a no-brainer. Since then, I've been following the band's career. I'm a fan of many other bands/musicians (both in and out of the rock/pop genres), but Blink was my first true love.

I'm still amazed by how many important events I've been a witness of in real-time. I remember downloading and listening to the leaked "Action" in 2003 before it became the song we know today. I also remember seeing the 'Album launch' special a few months later and being so stoked. November in South America means Summer is approaching, so the weather starts getting sunny and hot, and people go to the beach - the perfect time to listen to new Blink songs. :wub:

Of course, I also got to experience the sad part of being a fan when Tom left (twice) and Travis had his accident. In 2008 I was way into Morrissey, and Jerry Finn had just produced a second album with him, so finding out about his passing was weird for me as well. Now I think about it, it was some sort of strange year for Blink fans, because the first half of it had been great - with Mark uploading his studio clips, and the prospects of new +44 music. (Wasn't there a picture of them signing a new contract?)

Luckily, we got new music - well, I know I was happy about it. I like many songs in Neighborhoods - particularly "Ghost on the dancefloor" (which is my favourite song by the band) and "Snake charmer"/"This is home". (They're so strong! How come they never played those at the time?) I also loved the first LOVE album and some parts of the second one, but that's where my interest in AVA ends - I haven't listened to anything else by Tom since, so I'm curious about the general consensus here.

So, yeah - I've had an interesting ride on the Blink roller coaster so far. California was a huge surprise for me last year - it has so many nice melodies, and not a single track I skip. In many ways it reminded me of TOYPAJ, so I'm very happy with it. :-) (The deluxe CD hasn't been released in my country yet, so I still have 11 songs to discover...)
I've lurked in this forum many a time - mainly in 2011/2012 (because news about the band were coming up all the time) and for the past 2 years. So, I know some of the important/heated discussions that have taken place here. For example, I remember "Even if she falls" getting a lot of praise back in the day. (Why? :wink:)

I've also discovered a lot of cool stuff from the band's past courtsey of fellow members like @daveyjones, and enjoyed some of the discussions started/enriched by @Kay, @Olidamus et al. Thanks a lot, guys and girls! Also, the layout is really cool - by far the nicest forum design I've seen, so congratulations to everyone in charge!

Right now I'm not sure how much I can offer which you people don't know about. From what I've read in collectors' sites, the Argentinean edition of the TMT&TS CD was the only one as a jewel-case, so attached below is a picture of my copy - in case anyone here is interested. I'll also leave a link to an instrumental cover of "Roller Coaster" (to me, one of the most beautiful songs by Mark) that I recorded/uploaded yesterday. Hope you like (or laugh at) it! ;D

See you around!

2017-09-19 15.06.56.jpg

Edited by Sebastián
One or two grammatical mistaqes :P
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Welcome. I'm not reading all that. Stick around, don't suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Welcome. I'm not reading all that. Stick around, don't suck.

Thanks! I'm not sure about the "don't suck" bit, but surely I'll stick around. :-)

52 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Wow! Nice first post. Welcome. Stick around! :)

Thanks! I'm not very good at writing short sentences :-P

Getting tagged by a stranger is a little weird but I love the love so, yeah! welcome haha - for the record, I actually read it. and also for the record, you might be too nice for us, be warned.

• Haha 1

Finally, someone on the boards who is purer than me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

Finally, someone on the boards who is purer than me!

Everyone has their skeletons ... except you, you are great.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Getting tagged by a stranger is a little weird but I love the love so, yeah! welcome haha - for the record, I actually read it. and also for the record, you might be too nice for us, be warned.

Hey, thanks for reading! Probably in a few days I'll stop being too nice like you say. :wink: Plus, I've already posted in some of the NSFW threads, so you can see I'm filthy too!

50 minutes ago, Sebastián said:

Sure! What's "BotBM"?

Boner on the Board Members.

It's where we all pick a random board member and send them a picture of our boner on a picture of them.

For instance: I found @Janinator on Facebook and I printed out a picture of her and then worked my bo-bo into a throbbing blue veiner and then laid it on top of the picture I printed out and now I'm going to send it to her via private message.

If she likes it she will post it and in the end all the pictures are compared to find the best looking cock/board member combination.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Can we call you Li'l Sebastian?

Sure! Is that a reference to someone/something?

EDIT: Nevermind - I just saw the link.

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Bienvenido, Sebastián. ¡Diviértete! Espero que te quedes con nosotros un buen tiempo.

:)

¡Muchas gracias, Fantasma! ;D Yo también espero eso.

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

Boner on the Board Members.

It's where we all pick a random board member and send them a picture of our boner on a picture of them.

For instance: I found @Janinator on Facebook and I printed out a picture of her and then worked my bo-bo into a throbbing blue veiner and then laid it on top of the picture I printed out and now I'm going to send it to her via private message.

If she likes it she will post it and in the end all the pictures are compared to find the best looking cock/board member combination.

I can't really tell if you're messing with me... but yeah, sounds fun and healthy! :wink: So, @2point5, I'll see what I can do.

Do all participants work with the same picture/forum member? Or does each one choose a specific victim?

Edited by Sebastián
Just answered my own question :P

7 minutes ago, Sebastián said:

Sure! Is that a reference to someone/something?

¡Muchas gracias, Fantasma! ;D Yo también espero eso.

I can't really tell if you're messing with me... but yeah, sounds fun and healthy! :wink: So, @2point5, I'll see what I can do.

Do all participants work with the same picture/forum member? Or does each one choose a specific victim?

You choose your own person, you find your own picture and it's up to you to either send the picture via private message or you can post it yourself.