What Was the Last Concert You Saw?

boxelder

this could be a cool companion thread for the what are you listening to thread. post here whenever you've seen an artist live and review it!

for me: los campesinos in cleveland oh at the grog shop back in march (great, though i'm not a big fan), then blink in birmingham, al in april (pretty bad). i've got lots of great concerts coming up this fall -- alvvays next week, then turnover, maybe the shins, pinegrove -- so the drought will be over!

Nice thread! For me it was John Williams at Tanglewood back in August :).  (before that Natalia Lafourcade (was in NYC!), U2 in July, Blink  in June, and John Mayer in May)

I actually was about to see Turnover in Amsterdam last month! Couldn't make it unfortunately (thanks again for introducing them haha, really dig Peripheral Vision).

Coming up Wolf Alice in November, and Star Wars in concert in December!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

I actually was about to see Turnover in Amsterdam last month! Couldn't make it unfortunately (thanks again for introducing them haha, really dig Peripheral Vision).

very cool, glad you like them! white reaper is another band on my list to see; they're actually coming near me in a week or two but i've got so many concerts lined up there's no reason for it haha. if you've never heard them, give em a listen!

Just now, boxelder said:

my girlfriend got to see him in 09... outrageous he's still playing 3 hour shows haha. i would LOVE to see him.

The best part is that he doesn’t even seem 75. He has all the energy in the world!

I brought my best friend to see Paul with me and it was the first concert he’d ever been to. Nothing will be able to top that now lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, boxelder said:

very cool, glad you like them! white reaper is another band on my list to see; they're actually coming near me in a week or two but i've got so many concerts lined up there's no reason for it haha. if you've never heard them, give em a listen!

Cool I'll check them out!

I can def recommend Wolf Alice :)

• Like 1

Good idea for a thread!

Last band I saw was Haken a week or so ago - Absolutely mind-bending. I've been to more shows than I can count over the last year or two and this was up there with the best.

Can't find a decent live clip, but this song is genius:

Kevin Devine, last July. 

One of the best shows I've ever been to. I got to meet him, hug him, buy stuff off him, tell him how inspirational he's been as a songwriter, all that good stuff. He was incredibly sweet and really easy to approach. I'm sure I mentioned this elsewhere but my friend who I went with has seen him like like 20 times and it's gotten to the point where he comes up to her, asks how she's doing, all this stuff. it's almost like she's a friend of his it's super weird haha if it was me I'd think she was a stalker but he was legit excited to see her and pleased and it was hilarious to see. She gave him £30 for something worth £15 and he went to sort out change and she was like "Nope. keep it" and he was trying to give her a hat and stuff and she was like "Kev don't argue just take it" it was quite funny. 

Last one was NFG's self-titled/sticks&stones show back in July. Seems like forever.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, boxelder said:

this could be a cool companion thread for the what are you listening to thread. post here whenever you've seen an artist live and review it!

for me: los campesinos in cleveland oh at the grog shop back in march (great, though i'm not a big fan), then blink in birmingham, al in april (pretty bad). i've got lots of great concerts coming up this fall -- alvvays next week, then turnover, maybe the shins, pinegrove -- so the drought will be over!

I became a fan of LC! back in 2006 off their demos from their myspace. So happy they kept going.

caught alvvays and nap eyes last night, was a lot of fun! weird guy though beside us kept staring us down, like legitimately staring... he was an older guy and looked rather menacing. he bolted towards the bar at one point and i later discovered that he was just trying to see when some friends got there but that man about freaked me out there! anyone else ever have weird behavior at a show like that? i was afraid he was some sort of horrible person plotting something evil (morbid, i know, but las vegas just happened)

9 minutes ago, boxelder said:

caught alvvays and nap eyes last night, was a lot of fun! weird guy though beside us kept staring us down, like legitimately staring... he was an older guy and looked rather menacing. he bolted towards the bar at one point and i later discovered that he was just trying to see when some friends got there but that man about freaked me out there! anyone else ever have weird behavior at a show like that? i was afraid he was some sort of horrible person plotting something evil (morbid, i know, but las vegas just happened)

How was Alvvays? I’ve been listening to their newest album a lot recently.

13 minutes ago, Nasa said:

How was Alvvays? I’ve been listening to their newest album a lot recently.

they were a lot of fun! they kind of play just like the album if you're into that sorta thing (i am), and aren't outrageous or anything. but they played rock solid and the songs are great! right now it's a really good mix between the first and second record... i think they only left out the songs already gone, red planet, and the agency group (i was sad about that one)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad I decided to go see Nick Cave last night. It was an uplifting experience and a reminder that you can't make art about someone else's art, it has to be your own blood on the canvas. He gave his all on stage and I'm still in shock at how sweet and humble he is and how amazing he sounds. He's a special treasure, everyone should see him at least once.