What Was the Last Concert You Saw?

boxelder

37 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

I was at the Gorillaz Concert in Vienna last Thursday. Absolutely mindblowing! Daman Albarn is a fucking Legend.

I'm so envious of you right now.

Have you listened to Humanz?

Just now, Nasa said:

I'm so envious of you right now.

Have you listened to Humanz?

Yes and i liked it. definitily quite different from the first two records, but so was plastic beach which is my absolute favourite. I feel like there are not as much good individual songs on it and i would've whished more 2d vocals, but for me it works excellent as a whole.....

They didn't have a lot of guests at my show in Vienna so the show was very focused on Albarn heavy songs. They only played like 4-5 Songs off of Humanz. 

What are your thoughts on the new record?

1 minute ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

Yes and i liked it. definitily quite different from the first two records, but so was plastic beach which is my absolute favourite. I feel like there are not as much good individual songs on it and i would've whished more 2d vocals, but for me it works excellent as a whole.....

They didn't have a lot of guests at my show in Vienna so the show was very focused on Albarn heavy songs. They only played like 4-5 Songs off of Humanz. 

What are your thoughts on the new record?

I loved it at first, but over time I grew to dislike it (hype wore off haha). I felt like it wasn't cohesive and that a lot of the songs weren't fully fleshed out. There were a few good tracks, but on the whole, it felt unfinished. I felt like Damon put guests on there just to have guests on there, you know? I also wanted more 2D vocals.

My favorite Gorillaz album is Demon Days. But I love their debut and Plastic Beach too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nasa said:

I loved it at first, but over time I grew to dislike it (hype wore off haha). I felt like it wasn't cohesive and that a lot of the songs weren't fully fleshed out. There were a few good tracks, but on the whole, it felt unfinished. I felt like Damon put guests on there just to have guests on there, you know? I also wanted more 2D vocals.

My favorite Gorillaz album is Demon Days. But I love their debut and Plastic Beach too.

I totally get what you're saying. I prefer the other records for the same reasons, but i love humanz for what it is anyway :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Mac Demarco the other night and it was great. I'm still processing what happened. Like, the first half of the show was goofy but real nice, he played his songs and it was so good but soon as the booze kicked in it was pure depravity.
I knew Mac shows are always weird to a degree and I've seen the videos but christ i still didn't expect half of the shit that went on. The show was supposed to end at 10.45, he legit said fuck ending the show and started covering songs and doing crazy stuffs to end it 45 minutes later. He kept smashing the microphone at the amp, and climbed on the amp, top off, setting fire to his pubes, pissing on the stage and walking on it without his shoes on, refusing to leave. The venue will definitely gage him, the security in front of me was so pissed he was still carrying on haha
But the one thing I loved is how Mac's live attitude is more punk than 99% of modern punk bands. Most of those guys stand on stage like statues. Meanwhile Mac is wasted, all over the place, but him and the band are still playing the music perfectly. Blows my mind.

I know, this gig sounds like it was a total mess but it was great and fun. Quality night. I'm glad I went.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...