The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Is my internet being shit or did they remove the counter showing how many people invested??

They also removed the counter showing the amount of money invested. Guess they weren’t proud of the big $6,000 they raised over the first 8 hours lol.

only $49.9999 million to go!!!!!!!!

Might be beating a dead horse already but I was re-reading the home page and how in the hell does Tom think he'll be able to discover/invent stuff that accomplished scientists haven't been able to create or discover what's he trying to for decades whom have had tons of funding and decades of experience. So laughable, seriously this just makes me laugh every time i read it

By the way, when you crunch the numbers with the amount of stocks they’re offering, they’re valuing the company at half a billion dollars...

a company with only 2.5 million in revenue over two years and 800k in losses. Those are numbers that indicate a company is going bankrupt and can no longer operate. 

My conclusion is that last year they saw the writing on the wall that to the Stars was a sinking ship, this is why we stopped hearing about projects and just got swept under the rug. 100 million movie from rat pac? Poet Anderson huge multimedia IP like Star Wars? It’s just now getting a second book. Sekret machines documentary that we saw a leaked trailer for like a year and a half ago. They just keep scrapping things.

They diverted resources to put this effort together to save the company and now we have what is this scam by preying on naive people that have never taken a personal finance class or an intro physics course for that matter. This could all end up really sad and bad when all is said and done.

good lord

• Like 3

1 minute ago, knapton said:

So what the hell happens to Tom when this fails? Pretty much everything he touches now is a failure and hes wasting money more and more. 

I would assume he'll be out of money and will beg Mark to let him back into Blink so they can tour without new material and make millions of dollars per year while promising going into the studio which will lead to another breakup in 5 years where Mark will reunite with Matt for California part 2 when they're in their 50's. 

i really do think this guy either lost his mind in 2005 or has always been this out-there. when you look at the sheer amount of things he's promised and abandoned over the past 15 years, it's absurd. AVA -> movies/multimedia -> modlife -> TTS -> more movies and multimedia -> this. he's got issues.

You guys are the biggest group of haters ever. 

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Reading the Offering Circular is interesting enough. This isn't a scam. Tom isn't fleecing people. They're being as transparent as possible as they work with the SEC and submitthe necessary filings to equity crowdfund. The Offering Circular demonstrates that. And this shit is groundbreaking because if it works, more entrepreneurs will follow the equity crowdfunding model. It's a pain in the fucking ass to raise money through an IPO- projects like this are gamechangers, all thanks to the JOBS act. Before this, even if you wanted to invest in a small-scale project, you couldn't, unless you were an "accredited investor." Not anymore.

This is what entrepreneurs do. They stick their necks out and try out crazy shit. If someone like Elon Musk, minus the fame, came around with all his current proclamations about powering Puerto Rico, hyperloop, etc., they get called crazy, get called all sorts of things- until they prove themselves. Then they're lauded and considered Gods. Creators/doers never hate on things. Constructively criticize, yes, but above all, they encourage others to also push the boundaries. 

Like the scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where Jack Nicholson's character tries to pull out the wash basin or whatever- he fails, but at least he fucking tried. 

2 hours ago, two said:

You guys are the biggest group of haters ever. 

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Reading the Offering Circular is interesting enough. This isn't a scam. Tom isn't fleecing people. They're being as transparent as possible as they work with the SEC and submitthe necessary filings to equity crowdfund. The Offering Circular demonstrates that. And this shit is groundbreaking because if it works, more entrepreneurs will follow the equity crowdfunding model. It's a pain in the fucking ass to raise money through an IPO- projects like this are gamechangers, all thanks to the JOBS act. Before this, even if you wanted to invest in a small-scale project, you couldn't, unless you were an "accredited investor." Not anymore.

This is what entrepreneurs do. They stick their necks out and try out crazy shit. If someone like Elon Musk, minus the fame, came around with all his current proclamations about powering Puerto Rico, hyperloop, etc., they get called crazy, get called all sorts of things- until they prove themselves. Then they're lauded and considered Gods. Creators/doers never hate on things. Constructively criticize, yes, but above all, they encourage others to also push the boundaries. 

Like the scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where Jack Nicholson's character tries to pull out the wash basin or whatever- he fails, but at least he fucking tried. 

Elon Musk proposes technological advances that are backed by research and are within the bounds of the laws of physics. Toms research ideas are not...

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

By the way, when you crunch the numbers with the amount of stocks they’re offering, they’re valuing the company at half a billion dollars...

a company with only 2.5 million in revenue over two years and 800k in losses. Those are numbers that indicate a company is going bankrupt and can no longer operate. 

My conclusion is that last year they saw the writing on the wall that to the Stars was a sinking ship, this is why we stopped hearing about projects and just got swept under the rug. 100 million movie from rat pac? Poet Anderson huge multimedia IP like Star Wars? It’s just now getting a second book. Sekret machines documentary that we saw a leaked trailer for like a year and a half ago. They just keep scrapping things.

They diverted resources to put this effort together to save the company and now we have what is this scam by preying on naive people that have never taken a personal finance class or an intro physics course for that matter. This could all end up really sad and bad when all is said and done.

good lord

Wait, wait, wait, can somebody give me a quick summary of why Podesta's promoting this shit? He's involved? Sweet baby Jesus, he's involved? As in he actually acknowledged that obnoxious e-mail Tom sent him all those months ago AND jumped aboard??

I thought that was just a joke photoshop or something, but it's actually his account :lol: 

Holy god damn shit :lol:

9 minutes ago, bobbo11290 said:

Wait, wait, wait, can somebody give me a quick summary of why Podesta's promoting this shit? He's involved? Sweet baby Jesus, he's involved? As in he actually acknowledged that obnoxious e-mail Tom sent him all those months ago AND jumped aboard??

I thought that was just a joke photoshop or something, but it's actually his account :lol: 

Holy god damn shit :lol:

No we’ve known since before the Wikileaks came out that he’s been in contact with podesta. Since then though, more and more has come over the last year that indicates that podesta wasn’t just giving Tim advice here or there, but that he’s seemingly pretty involved with whatever they’re doing. 

As much as this is funny (and it is) it mostly just makes me super angry.

You have people willingly forking over $200 knowing fully well that they won't see it back and clearly not really knowing what it's going towards, because they liked some albums he wrote years ago. 

If you have $200 you can randomly drop on bullshit and are happy to do it with no return, maybe do something useful with it like - geez, Idk, a charity or something. do something good with it, don't give it to a guy who's estimated to be worth 50mil so that he can fund something he couldn't get other investment for.

I mean any entrepreneur is going to struggle to find investments in their projects but this is TOM DELONGE - he's worth millions, and has access to lord knows what contacts. if John Podesta is heavily involved why the hell can't they find a true investment instead of turning cap in hand to a bunch of teenagers buying T shirts?

It's because it's all bullshit. No sensible company or collection of rich big wigs are willing to invest in this because there's no solid evidence to back it up, or alternatively they don't think Tom is worth investing in. If people with billions to spend cannot see the benefit to his little project, doesn't that tell people that it's not worth investing in?

This isn't some youtuber trying to make ends meet with a patreon account in return for some Q and A's and a T shirt - this is fork over $200 so I can continue to SELL YOU MORE STUFF.

I saw this on the AVA message board... and honestly I don't think I've ever been more angry at Tom's fan base before. This is beyond stupid - this is like.. negligence or something. I am actually fuming. 

Over time my hatred for Tom had lessened into pragmatic eye rolling but this just shoots it way back up. Tom should do what he's best at, and quit. 

• Like 2