The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

I honestly just feel bad, I try not to enjoy hating on Tom because he has brought me tons of joy over the years...I even try to support his books/TTS, but this is far worse than I could ever imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up front page CNN as a joke... at minimum on Colbert/Kimmel.

At least for $200 Mark/Travis let you listen to soundcheck and snap an awkward picture with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I honestly just feel bad, I try not to enjoy hating on Tom because he has brought me tons of joy over the years...I even try to support his books/TTS, but this is far worse than I could ever imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up front page CNN as a joke... at minimum on Colbert/Kimmel.

At least for $200 Mark/Travis let you listen to soundcheck and snap an awkward picture with them.

Speaking of , I would love to see their reaction to this video

3 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up front page CNN as a joke... at minimum on Colbert/Kimmel.

and that would be the end of this "academy".

but hey, they've already raised more than 100k, so tom's royalty will be paid, and nothing else matters.

15 hours ago, two said:

You guys are the biggest group of haters ever. 

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Reading the Offering Circular is interesting enough. This isn't a scam. Tom isn't fleecing people. They're being as transparent as possible as they work with the SEC and submitthe necessary filings to equity crowdfund. The Offering Circular demonstrates that. And this shit is groundbreaking because if it works, more entrepreneurs will follow the equity crowdfunding model. It's a pain in the fucking ass to raise money through an IPO- projects like this are gamechangers, all thanks to the JOBS act. Before this, even if you wanted to invest in a small-scale project, you couldn't, unless you were an "accredited investor." Not anymore.

This is what entrepreneurs do. They stick their necks out and try out crazy shit. If someone like Elon Musk, minus the fame, came around with all his current proclamations about powering Puerto Rico, hyperloop, etc., they get called crazy, get called all sorts of things- until they prove themselves. Then they're lauded and considered Gods. Creators/doers never hate on things. Constructively criticize, yes, but above all, they encourage others to also push the boundaries. 

Like the scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where Jack Nicholson's character tries to pull out the wash basin or whatever- he fails, but at least he fucking tried. 

NO ONE else thinks this is Tom?? Look at the post history..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think Tom might have trouble hitting $1mil mark, at first I thought it was a given.

But the amounts are going to drop off significantly. The first 24 hours is crucial and while $174K is a good haul, it will perhaps be half that the next day, then half that the next day, it will slow to a trickle eventually.

He might eek out the $1mil, but not much more, and it won't go far in his world. So all this is basically just Tom fucking fans/weirdos/idiots out of $1mil, and then you'll never hear another word about it. Unless a lawsuit goes flying.

16 minutes ago, Janinator said:

NO ONE else thinks this is Tom?? Look at the post history..

He very well could be. Tom is the type of guy that would come here to post (remember that night he had on Instagram responding to fans?). 

Someone should compare their writing styles and see if there are similarities. that guy seems to love hyphens...

Maybe Tom was the 2 of 182 lol