The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

But the first 1 million raised goes directly to TTS, which has lost over $500,000 the last two years.

So basically he's using fans to get his company out of debt by preying on their lack of investing knowledge.

Haven't been on here in a few months...but I had to log on to say that I've been sitting here reading through this thread, with my jaw on the floor thinking, "I really can't believe this is happening."

I'm honestly at a loss for words, other than thank you based Mark Hoppus for seeing the writing on the wall and saving Blink.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Unbelievable. The financial statements paint the picture. By the end of 2016, $1.6 million had been invested and they had $139k in cash+receivables and owed others $218k (poor liquidity).

Rather than invest any more of his own money, Tom has offered to give away a MAXIMUM of just under 8% of his company in exchange for $50 million.

Good god - $50 million for 8% of a company with a net worth of -$486k, which is only achieved by overvaluing the worth of his social media accounts and unsold merch/books.

I'm actually slightly surprised he's only invested $1.6m and lost $1.1m. This move shows delusion and greed in spades.

It's ballsy, but the teenager in me that fell in love with Enema-era Blink needs to lie down. Fuck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

How can someone be so deluded. Christ I love my conspiracies but I know to take them with a pinch of salt, this dull cunt has dived in head first. 

Its pretty much a scam.

It would be like if I started a company called "Oliver's carpet service" and valued the company at $500million. I then took that value and broke it out into 100,000,000 shares. Making each share worth $5. I then sold those shares to people who would then be part owner in the company.

So theoretically if you bought 1 share at $5 and then next year the company made $100mil in profit, you'd now have $6.

That is an investment.

The problem here is, Tom's company isn't worth $500mil, its not really worth anything.

So the shares that people are buying are worthless essentially, and even if by some miracle, this company one day was worth $600million, you couldn't sell the shares anyway because it is a private company.

The only thing that makes this legit is that it was filed with the SEC and the fine print covers his ass.

But all he is doing is fucking people, or attempting to fuck people, out of millions of dollars for his own personal use under the guise of an "investment".

It is pretty low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonSinick said:

Unbelievable. The financial statements paint the picture. By the end of 2016, $1.6 million had been invested and they had $139k in cash+receivables and owed others $218k (poor liquidity).

Rather than invest any more of his own money, Tom has offered to give away a MAXIMUM of just under 8% of his company in exchange for $50 million.

Good god - $50 million for 8% of a company with a net worth of -$486k, which is only achieved by overvaluing the worth of his social media accounts and unsold merch/books.

I'm actually slightly surprised he's only invested $1.6m and lost $1.1m. This move shows delusion and greed in spades.

It's ballsy, but the teenager in me that fell in love with Enema-era Blink needs to lie down. Fuck.

Yep, you nailed it,

pure insanity.

Tom’s last Instagram post...wow.

Essentially says:

”I’m Tom from Blink-182 and we need help building a space ship.”

LOL.

Honestly, he may have been possessed by aliens a few years back. Wouldn’t surprise me at this point. In fact, I’d believe that before I believed in this project...

• Like 1

The whole thing is absolutely off the wall..

But to the people seriously ripping on his 'untucked suit'. Serious? Tom is still a punk rocker to some extent, of course he's gonna untuck his suit and have it look careless. 

Tom's said multiple times he can't wear a suit and tie.

Dammit came on the radio today. Actually hit me with a wave of depression, to know how much has changed, how far these guys have fallen from the top of the top, and also how much I've aged since then.  

11 minutes ago, knapton said:

Could you just imagine if something actually came of this. Good lord i wouldnt know what to think. 

I want nothing more than to be proven wrong. The possibility of having to tell my children that Tom DeLonge proved the existence of aliens and/or enabled interstellar space travel is too hilarious to even think about

6 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

If she has any sense, she'll divorce him now while he presumably still has a decent amount of money (assuming there wasn't a prenup).

Who really knows, but there are tons of people that just stay in relationships no matter what, especially when kids and money are involved. She seems like the type.

I mean, I visited my cousin last weekend and without getting into specifics, he let me in on all this crazy shit about his life, right in front of his wife (who already knew) and I am just thinking the entire time "How can she stay with him?" If I were her I'd have been embarrassed just to be there when he was telling me all the wrongs he had committed. But she just stood there by his side while he is saying all this horrible stuff. Some people are just doormats.

29 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Who really knows, but there are tons of people that just stay in relationships no matter what, especially when kids and money are involved. She seems like the type.

i first met jen when they were starting dating. they were super young but they've stayed together so long... i can't imagine them splitting up. just my take.