The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

If Tom had setup a donation page. We would’ve all thought it was pretty stupid but we could never accused him of really scamming anyone.

I truly think the reason that he didn’t set up donation was because he thought he could get more money this way and even though it is not ethical he ran it by the lawyers and they said it was legal so that’s why he did it.

that makes him a pos

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

If Tom had setup a donation page. We would’ve all thought it was pretty stupid but we could never accused him of really scamming anyone.

I truly think the reason that he didn’t set up donation was because he thought he could get more money this way and even though it is not ethical he ran it by the lawyers and they said it was legal so that’s why he did it.

that makes him a pos

Bingo.

• Like 1

But don't you think if he just wanted money he would come up with something better than:

"Help us build a spaceship?" and "Help us build a brain computer?"

If it was just money from his fan-base he was after, he could just go back to Blink or start a GoFundMe for a new Blink/AVA album. He could pay off 600k TTS debt in 10 minutes if he is all about stealing from fundraisers.

I understand that he's being a bit of a dick by not investing much himself (I really don't think Tom has much money), but I do think he actually believes in the cause. I guess the word "invest" is rubbing a lot of  you the wrong way, since typically when you "invest" you have a chance of something in return... but when I first saw the website, I knew pretty quickly that I wasn't truly buying stock in hopes of return, it was simply a donation.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it’s illegal to prey on people financially that otherwise do not have the knowledge to make proper financial decisions. If you’re knowingly targeting people that will make investments because they don’t understand what you’re offering, then that’s not right. Not really anyway to argue around that.

• Like 1

i'm starting to think that tom doesn't even care about "his dreams" (ufo research and other stupid things like that). his ONLY purpose with this "academy" is to scam his fans. it's not about his passion, it's about getting legal money without giving anything in return. it's unbelievable that those kids are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for absolutely nothing.

even if they reach 1 million which is the minimum when the academy starts working, it won't do anything. until 5 million they still don't even do anything, but pay back a 400k loan to "our two dogs" (probably tom's other company). and even at 10 million the shares would worth less than 10 cent per piece. :D and this is a company/"academy" that cannot produce anything sellable, i guarantee it.

but it's completely legal, because everything is in the contract.

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

I was talking about people that genuinely wish for his business to fail, and I was also addressing the idea of wanting him to not pursue his passion.  I did address the idea of him scamming people, and again, no matter how crazy and unsuccessful this appears it is going to be, the guy is honest.  

Lol

Damn. I'm disappointed. I was actually logging back in and hoping there would be something positive about this new venture. I thought the idea of the collaboration of scientists to advance technology and to educate people on things that could be possible in the future was cool. I agree that Tom has been crazy about alot of things. But I thought this was really cool. I didn't have $200 to invest but I was coming here hoping there would be like a pool where people who couldn't do $200 could put in money and we would all buy shares together so we could all have a small piece. But this place hates Tom so much you guys don't even give him a chance on anything anymore. There's like 4 topics on the first page talking shit about him. Granted blink isn't doing much now, and you may not like what happened but at some point isn't bashing them -and Tom just going to get old?

4 minutes ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Damn. I'm disappointed. I was actually logging back in and hoping there would be something positive about this new venture. I thought the idea of the collaboration of scientists to advance technology and to educate people on things that could be possible in the future was cool. I agree that Tom has been crazy about alot of things. But I thought this was really cool. I didn't have $200 to invest but I was coming here hoping there would be like a pool where people who couldn't do $200 could put in money and we would all buy shares together so we could all have a small piece. But this place hates Tom so much you guys don't even give him a chance on anything anymore. There's like 4 topics on the first page talking shit about him. Granted blink isn't doing much now, and you may not like what happened but at some point isn't bashing them -and Tom just going to get old?

https://www.facebook.com/TheAVAMovement/

4 minutes ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

This isn’t about Tom bashing, it’s about taking money from people with nothing to show for it. Tom can do whatever he wants, just leave taking large sums of money from your fans out of it. 

He knew from day one that he was aiming at 'young adults.' He has convinced himself that these kids care about chasing aliens or seeking the truth but he knows they only care about what HE does and they would do anything to support him.

It's a shame, watching Tom lose his mind like that is just too sad. 2005 Tom was nothing compared to this. 

6 minutes ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Man, you made all sorts of mistakes today!