The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

17 minutes ago, RomeoAndRebecca said:

I was thinking about this the other day. There will be a ton to write about when this band is said and done. Blink is probably one of the last bands people expect to have such a troubled history. 

Booting Scott, Mark's jealousy, Tom's family problems, drug and alcohol use, nasty breakup, nasty statements, Jerry Finn's death, Travis' crash, Tom leaving, more nastiness. Just a whole slew of shit from band that's generally seen as poppy and fun. 

Like a Hollywood script. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RomeoAndRebecca said:

I was thinking about this the other day. There will be a ton to write about when this band is said and done. Blink is probably one of the last bands people expect to have such a troubled history. 

Booting Scott, Mark's jealousy, Tom's family problems, drug and alcohol use, nasty breakup, nasty statements, Jerry Finn's death, Travis' crash, Tom leaving, more nastiness. Just a whole slew of shit from band that's generally seen as poppy and fun. 

So damn true!

It might be hard to see it with 2017 glasses, but back in 2001, they were the last band in the world that I ever thought would deal with this self destruct bullshit.

Even when they announced the hiatus, I was still in denial like "Blink? Nah, no way could there be issues"

It sucks how it all ended up. Such a waste.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 10/27/2017 at 10:59 PM, two said:

That's part of what was lame about this fucking interview. Joe could've dug more into Tom's actual life versus what the fuck he is doing lately. Ask him shit about what led him to this point. Childhood, parents, life with blink, drug use, etc. This could've been so much more interesting but fucking Joe Rogan decided to get caught up in the fucking "I can't tell ya" bullshit. I think his interviewing ability has deteriorated over time as he's become more set in his beliefs as opposed to early on when he was more willing to listen to crazy ideas. Throw on a "Duncan Trussell Joe Rogan" interview and you won't hear Joe calling out Duncan for talking about infinite universes and what life is, etc. It seems if your craziness is drug-induced, Joe is fine with it, but if Tom DeLonge starts talking, his guard is put way the fuck on. Like I said, fuck this interview.

Like I said before, I think "You Made It Weird" with Pete Holmes would be a perfect podcast for just this type of conversation. He loves going deep on crazy subjects so he would let Tom give his spiel but he's also an absolute goofball who would probably make Tom feel less defensive and rattled. And he keeps the conversation moving between subjects and has talked about being a Blink fan in the past so I think we'd get way more interesting (to us) topics. Seems like sometimes people kinda make the rounds on podcasts when they have something to promote so maybe he'll end up doing that one too, never know.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 1:56 PM, bastard said:

I'm having trouble imagining Tom was like this when Blink was huge around 1999-2001. I'm thinking his drug habit started right after 2003 album and before AVA. Shit got out of control.

So sad. Get well Tom.

Blinks history is a sad one if you think about it.

I get the whole drug thing but he's been clean for 10+years supposedly. 3 years of intense drug use will not leave permanent mind altering consequences. Trust me on that. I just think he's ego has just been constantly inflated to the point where he truly believes the shit he is spewing. I bet if the government or whatever didn't indulge him he's still be nutty but not nearly as much  

I always got the assumption that Travis abused drugs more than Tom ever did. Especially from before the plane crash and all. But he's never been delusional or full of ego or anything along them lines. I don't think it's drugs with Tom. Yeah, he'll probably smoke the odd joint now and then but any serious drug or painkillers, there's no way he's done that in the past 10 years IMO. He comes across as a family man. I think it's ADHD, midlife crisis and maybe a couple of other personal problems all in one go. Dude is just trying to follow his dreams, but going the wrong way about it. Using fans, blink and hell even the AVA guys.

I also think something like pride, stubbornness or something along them lines isn't helping either. If it's money he needs, then the easiest and most secure way is by recording albums with blink-182, but his ego, pride, stubbornness or whatever thinks he doesn't need blink. He's definitely delusional and I do kind of believe what he says about the space projects etc. He's definitely seen things. But the question is are these things fake? Has he been misled? Or if he has seen things, he's massively over exaggerated it. There's reasons why he can't get into the details. My guess is he knows he's probably gonna be even more of a laughing stock if he actually gets into full details of all this space stuff he does.

He kinda reminds me of a musician version of Walter White, except without the crime. Instead of crime, it's all this Poet Anderson, To The Stars, LOVE crap. He's cooking that shit for us. But blink-182 is where the big thing is. Blink-182 is the Gustavo Fring of this situation. The one that can fund all his stuff but Tom has too much ego. We want the blue stuff dammit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I get the whole drug thing but he's been clean for 10+years supposedly. 3 years of intense drug use will not leave permanent mind altering consequences. Trust me on that. I just think he's ego has just been constantly inflated to the point where he truly believes the shit he is spewing. I bet if the government or whatever didn't indulge him he's still be nutty but not nearly as much  

Trust you on that? You are absolutely talking out of your ass.  I'm not saying if it has or hasn't in Tom's case but 3 years of intense drug use  can absolutely leave permanent mind altering consequences. 

1 hour ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Trust you on that? You are absolutely talking out of your ass.  I'm not saying if it has or hasn't in Tom's case but 3 years of intense drug use  can absolutely leave permanent mind altering consequences. 

I'm saying trust me because I went through a phase of intense drug use for way more than Tom did and after being clean for almost 3 years now I can tell you I'm exactly as I was before the drug use. The only difference is I'm way more chill then I was before but that could easily be chalked up to me just growing up. Don't accuse me of talking out of my ass I have way more experience in that department than is healthy and it's a time of my life I'm not particularly proud of. The reasoning of the drug use for Tom is way overblown and or from people who are just not familiar with the subject. It'd be one thing if he was doing hard drugs but painkillers will not do that to you especially for a time  as little as 3 years. 

Edit: @BlinkFloyd try to talk to someone before jumping to conclusions 

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I always got the assumption that Travis abused drugs more than Tom ever did. Especially from before the plane crash and all. But he's never been delusional or full of ego or anything along them lines. I don't think it's drugs with Tom. Yeah, he'll probably smoke the odd joint now and then but any serious drug or painkillers, there's no way he's done that in the past 10 years IMO. He comes across as a family man. I think it's ADHD, midlife crisis and maybe a couple of other personal problems all in one go. Dude is just trying to follow his dreams, but going the wrong way about it. Using fans, blink and hell even the AVA guys.

I also think something like pride, stubbornness or something along them lines isn't helping either. If it's money he needs, then the easiest and most secure way is by recording albums with blink-182, but his ego, pride, stubbornness or whatever thinks he doesn't need blink. He's definitely delusional and I do kind of believe what he says about the space projects etc. He's definitely seen things. But the question is are these things fake? Has he been misled? Or if he has seen things, he's massively over exaggerated it. There's reasons why he can't get into the details. My guess is he knows he's probably gonna be even more of a laughing stock if he actually gets into full details of all this space stuff he does.

He kinda reminds me of a musician version of Walter White, except without the crime. Instead of crime, it's all this Poet Anderson, To The Stars, LOVE crap. He's cooking that shit for us. But blink-182 is where the big thing is. Blink-182 is the Gustavo Fring of this situation. The one that can fund all his stuff but Tom has too much ego. We want the blue stuff dammit.

Based on Travis' book he did way more drugs than Tom and over a decade span and he is totally normal right now. I totally agree with you on pretty much all of your points

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I'm saying trust me because I went through a phase of intense drug use for way more than Tom did and after being clean for almost 3 years now I can tell you I'm exactly as I was before the drug use. The only difference is I'm way more chill then I was before but that could easily be chalked up to me just growing up. Don't accuse me of talking out of my ass I have way more experience in that department than is healthy and it's a time of my life I'm not particularly proud of. The reasoning of the drug use for Tom is way overblown and or from people who are just not familiar with the subject. It'd be one thing if he was doing hard drugs but painkillers will not do that to you especially for a time  as little as 3 years. 

Edit: @BlinkFloyd try to talk to someone before jumping to conclusions 

Again, I'm not saying it affected Tom and I'm glad you made it through your situation.  But you can't use that blanket statement that years of intense drug use can't permanently fuck people up because it can.  We don't know the whole story with Tom and what drugs he was hooked on.  He's only admitted to painkiller addiction and yes, long term use probably wouldn't have mind altering effects. But would it be that crazy to think that he was on other things?  Had he been taking LSD repeatedly over the years, it could explain his current behavior.  Persistent Psychosis seems consistent with the way Tom is acting.  But I honestly don't think this is the case.  I think Tom is just so full of himself and his ego is out of control, that he truly believes he is the first to "connect all the dots" on all this shit.  

And yes, I have talked to many people in my life who have had serious drug addictions and I've seen the consequences, including death.  That's why when I saw your statement I flipped out a bit.

Moral of the story; stick to weed, kids!

14 minutes ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Again, I'm not saying it affected Tom and I'm glad you made it through your situation.  But you can't use that blanket statement that years of intense drug use can't permanently fuck people up because it can.  We don't know the whole story with Tom and what drugs he was hooked on.  He's only admitted to painkiller addiction and yes, long term use probably wouldn't have mind altering effects. But would it be that crazy to think that he was on other things?  Had he been taking LSD repeatedly over the years, it could explain his current behavior.  Persistent Psychosis seems consistent with the way Tom is acting.  But I honestly don't think this is the case.  I think Tom is just so full of himself and his ego is out of control, that he truly believes he is the first to "connect all the dots" on all this shit.  

And yes, I have talked to many people in my life who have had serious drug addictions and I've seen the consequences, including death.  That's why when I saw your statement I flipped out a bit.

Moral of the story; stick to weed, kids!

Well yeah LSD can do that to someone totally forgot about that. We agree on Tom so really no point in arguing haha

• Like 1

Oof, that Joe Rogan interview was rough.  Tom sounded like a kid giving a book report on a book he didn't read, and only skimmed the cliff notes of.  He gets pretty flustered in a few places too where it legit becomes hard to watch and I was feeling embarassed for him.  I can't believe the is the same person as Tom Delonge of blink-182.  Dude is legit fucked up, and that almost makes me wonder if Tom is just a pawn in what he thinks is happening, in other words the govt. wants "disclosure"  in the sense that they want the "spokesman" to be some weird oddball that no one can take seriously because he buys into every little thing it seems that he's told in regard to all this stuff, so that the real facts do essentially get disclosed, but because they're mixed in with so much bullshit, no one believes a word of it.  Perhaps thats a bit of a conspiracy, but really it doesn't sound as bizarre as a lot of the stuff Tom is claiming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Unbelieveable to think a man looks different at 41 than he did when he was 25.

Not sure what a coke bloat is, the last thing cocaine would do is make you put on weight. 

No, it isn't unbelieveable when you do drugs, gain weight, and don't take care of yourself. Which was my point.

However, it is also possible to look pretty much the same actually.

aWZVxrK_700b_v1.jpg

Just now, Ghent said:

Heeere we go again

Nope, I am done with the "Oliver is always wrong  " beyond a couple of posts. Waste of effort.

As far as Mr. Lee, I don't read his posts anymore, see username and skip. Actually taken these couple seconds to even address it is a few seconds too many.

Sorry guys, find something better to do with your day.