The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I laughed when I first heard Tom talk about time travel and telepathy.

the easy debunk with telepathy (i.e. mind reading / speaking) is that humans think in their native (first) language. even when they form images in their minds, the language is the basis. so unless you speak chinese fluently, you can't read the mind of / mentally communicate with someone who only speaks chinese.

you could be a mind reader, but you'd have to be one hell of a polyglot to make that work outside of your local, day-to-day environs.

• Like 2

Maybe by reading the mind of someone who speaks a different language, you could probably read their entire lives or something along them lines. You could learn the different language then, but then it'll start to sound like some X-Men kinda crap haha.

If there's ever gonna be any form of telepathy, I'm gonna guess it's more similar to the movie Looper rather than the over the top super hero stuff.

6 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

But what if that Chinese guy also spoke English? Would your telepathy get fragments of English translations of their thoughts if you engage them in dialect at the same time?

yes, i would think so. that's why in my hypothetical i noted that the other person only spoke chinese. the variance of fluency in someone speaking a second (or even third) language would result in some kind of soup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

yes, i would think so. that's why in my hypothetical i noted that the other person only spoke chinese. the variance of fluency in someone speaking a second (or even third) language would result in some kind of soup.

Yeah if they didn't speak English than it wouldn't be translatable obviously. 

20 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the easy debunk with telepathy (i.e. mind reading / speaking) is that humans think in their native (first) language. even when they form images in their minds, the language is the basis. so unless you speak chinese fluently, you can't read the mind of / mentally communicate with someone who only speaks chinese.

you could be a mind reader, but you'd have to be one hell of a polyglot to make that work outside of your local, day-to-day environs.

I've always assumed telepaths would understand because they would probably be seeing language in a visual way and they would be collecting info through memories and mental pictures.

Even talking about these stuffs is surreal though and it's not worth our time because Tom is just scamming everyone. It could be drugs or some mental health problems but he sounds like those people who get their head fucked up by a cult like scientology or freemasonry. 

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I've always assumed telepaths would understand because they would probably be seeing language in a visual way and they would be collecting info through memories and mental pictures.

right, that's the common assumption. but neuroscience demonstrates that those pictures are composed of language. and even if you could 'read' them, pictures only get you so far. you'd have scenes, sketches. not dialog.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

right, that's the common assumption. but neuroscience demonstrates that those pictures are composed of language. and even if you could 'read' them, pictures only get you so far. you'd have scenes, sketches. not dialog.

Yeah, I never thought about that but it makes sense and that makes mind reading even more impossible to achieve.

1 hour ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Tom is going somewhat crazy on Instagram right now.  Nothing too out there but he made a post about the Joe Rogan podcast and he's responding to a lot of comments.  Better check it out before he deletes the post haha. 

He just deleted it.  Someone called out one of his ufo videos he claimed as real which is a scene from the x files, how embarrassing lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

On 11/5/2017 at 3:48 AM, justin88182 said:

Why does every ufo picture he posts on his Instagram look terribly photoshopped. You would think with someone who claims to have so much proof would have better pictures.

Because conspiracy theorists are willing to believe basically anything and will latch on to anything - so why bother fabricating believable evidence if crappy stuff will work?