The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

Here’s the thing though Janet and for people who were saying that Tomyy could just do something musically ..... he really can’t .  Is Ava shit doesn’t sell and blink-182 is not exactly an option  and as we’ve seen he doesn’t seem to be inspired to spend any time in the studio anymore.

He is more interested in just being crazy

Here's the thing, a spaceship though?? Really? I fully agree he's interested in his craziness, but if it was, this whole endeavor, just to make money -  that is one of the single most ridiculous ideas possible.

This whole investing scam, yes, that is for funds, but I have a hard time believing the subject matter itself is solely for money. No way.  He could go more musical protects, maybe not AvA, but anything, more documentaries, features, whatever.

Tom DeLonge

54 mins ·

#RightNow My plan is to get To The Stars... up and running. Then return to Music. Meaning touring and lasers, ha. This institution must first be owned by the world together, and will work with “sensitive places” to bring technology out of the shadows, and change the world. It is also meant to tell some important stories through Major Motion Picture events, stories that will inspire and blow some minds. It’s a big idea, but read the resumes of those involved. You may think I’m nuts, but two of the Scientists involved have been nominees of the Nobel Prize and the rest currently have the highest security clearances the US Gov will give. So... help me... help you.

---------------

So how long before he uses blink as leverage for more $$?

I can hear it now: "My plan is to get TTS up and running and then I will return to blink. But first we must own this together"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Tom DeLonge

54 mins ·

#RightNow My plan is to get To The Stars... up and running. Then return to Music. Meaning touring and lasers, ha. This institution must first be owned by the world together, and will work with “sensitive places” to bring technology out of the shadows, and change the world. It is also meant to tell some important stories through Major Motion Picture events, stories that will inspire and blow some minds. It’s a big idea, but read the resumes of those involved. You may think I’m nuts, but two of the Scientists involved have been nominees of the Nobel Prize and the rest currently have the highest security clearances the US Gov will give. So... help me... help you.

---------------

So how long before he uses blink as leverage for more $$?

I can hear it now: "My plan is to get TTS up and running and then I will return to blink. But first we must own this together"

I can see him doing AvA, Boxcar or some other project but I don't see a return to Blink.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Janinator said:

Here's the thing, a spaceship though?? Really? I fully agree he's interested in his craziness, but if it was, this whole endeavor, just to make money -  that is one of the single most ridiculous ideas possible.

This whole investing scam, yes, that is for funds, but I have a hard time believing the subject matter itself is solely for money. No way.  He could go more musical protects, maybe not AvA, but anything, more documentaries, features, whatever.

I would agree that Tom follows his passion (some would say lunacy).

But he has always tried to see the business end of it for sure; meaning, how he could turn his passions into riches. Modlife was that, so was AVA, so was Poet Anderson, so was his wifes auction site, so was him buying houses and trying to flip them, and on and on. He viewed it all from the business end of things.

Problem is, he is a terrible businessman. Absolutely horrible. It would be comical if it wasn't sad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Tom DeLonge

54 mins ·

#RightNow My plan is to get To The Stars... up and running. Then return to Music. Meaning touring and lasers, ha.

Now this is where I do think Tom is a 100% manipulator and intentionally mentions "returning to music" or blink in an attempt to get RTs/likes,comments, etc. with zero intention of actually going back to music any time soon. Would not be surprised if he tries to stir up some blink stuff in social media soon to try and get more eyes on his timeline to spam this new project.

• Like 1

I would argue that most of the people "investing" in this shit are tombots. Maybe a couple of stupid alien tin foils.

No way there are actual legit investors in this. Not a snowball’s chance in hell. One thing about investors, is that even the crazy ones know a thing or two. An investor might be totally in something that is going to tank, but they still do their homework and still have logical reasons behind it.

999,999 investors out of 1,000,000 would look at this, have a laugh, and move on. It’s not even penny stock caliber, at least with a penny stock you could technically make money, or get back some or most of the original investment.

This is purely a "I feel like I am part of the club" thing. A $200 glorified fan club, but instead, you get nothing in return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

There's nothing wrong with a celebrity using their status and name as a way of marketing something.  That's really not the same thing at all as "using his fanbase as walking currency".   Just because you're famous for one thing and you're marketing another thing, that doesn't equate to scamming your fanbase.  The idea of teenagers blindly throwing hundreds at the guy is just nonsense. 

Again, this is Tom we're talking about, and this is a guy that genuinely beleives his business is worth investing in.  He might be crazy with what he's doing, and it might sound like the worst thing to invest in, but this guy isn't out to scam anybody due to his honesty and how naive he is.  

You can stay out of his business, which is what most people are doing.  If you think somebody will fail, that's one thing.  If you wish for somebody to fail, you're just an asshole.  

This is the stupidest logic ever. If I hope someone fails at fucking people out of millions I am an asshole?

Its not a scam in the legal sense, but that doesn't mean that people aren't getting scammed. That doesn't mean that it wasn't setup to be a legal deception. On the front page it says "invest" that it is an "investment".

Its not really a fucking investment Clarke. Unless you consider an "investment" buying a pile of dog turds for $200 in the hopes that it grows mold that cures cancer.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I would argue that most of the people "investing" in this shit are tombots. Maybe a couple of stupid alien tin foils.

There's no way that's true because there simply aren't enough Tombots to raise even the paultry sum he's managed to raise so far.

It's probably just a bunch of moronic but rich young adults who want to support something "cool", the same kind of people who'd spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on video game skins.

• Like 1

The first sign that this is a money making scam is the fact that he is targeting his fan base. Young adults who discovered him through poo poo jokes.

If he actually had the capability to create some kind of new technology that would change the world, don't you think he would be pitching his ideas and "evidence" to ummm, you know, a group of billionaire venture capitalists willing to fork out big chunks of money? There is no reason he would stoop to collecting $200 from fat chicks (nickels and dimes) if he could go get millions from investors.

Why can't he get money from venture capitalists? Because it's a fucking scam.

• Like 4