Celebrate life in honour of Chester Bennington

Meltdown Tracker

Thought everything sounded decent on I Miss You apart from Skiba's clean guitar. When I hear that tone for I Miss You, I literally feel like I'm listening to the sound of metal scraping against other pieces of metal, like the sound you sometimes hear in the Terminator 2 movie. Mark's voice is awful on What I've Done though. Just sounds like he's gasping for air.

such an amazing show!

but really, what i've done - not for mark, obviouslu. imo, even skiba would be a better choice for vocal parts than mark. by the way, not only blink was bad on this show haha. chester's level always be out of reach.

in general, for me absolutely doesn't matter their failure or something. the main thing is that all of them tonight paid tribute to the memory of chester.

• Like 1

I Miss You was okay, except for Skiba's clean tone that sounded like nails on a chalk board and Mark whom you could barely hear but it's a song where his register has to be low so it wasn't a big deal, there has been worse performances of that song, this one was fine. 

What I've Done was a complete disaster though. I couldn't bare to watch the whole thing. 

NO ONE'S GONNA COMMENT ON THE NA NA NAs thrown in at the end there???

That was insanely cool though. I thought. it sounds exactly what you'd expect Blink covering Linkin Park to sound like, and expectations are low considering the vocalists you are trading. Turn up Matt's mic a bit and it would have been very good.  Mark seemed into it for once despite some goofs. Travis at the end there was awesome.

That awful guitar sound on I Miss You though? Like glaring bad. Walk into a guitar center and go help a 12 yo try out amps bad.  

Watching this further makes me want a new band altogether with these 3. Matt seems way more comfortable not doing blink.

one thing i don’t think anyone’s mentioned is how fuckin bored matt looks. his vocals seem lazier than ever, which id expect from an off night in a place like tulsa but not for a heavily covered livestream tribute to a really famous musician. i’ve never followed alkaline trio or anything so i’m not sure if that’s just the way he operates but he looks mad tired of playing with blink. combined with his shit guitar tone and mark’s exhausted-sounding vocals, it’s pretty awful imo 

the only one looking like they’re having any ounce of fun is travis who still beats the fuck out of his drums like it’s the last time he’s playing. at this point though, the corpse of blink doesn’t even really deserve him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

one thing i don’t think anyone’s mentioned is how fuckin bored matt looks. his vocals seem lazier than ever, which id expect from an off night in a place like tulsa but not for a heavily covered livestream tribute to a really famous musician. i’ve never followed alkaline trio or anything so i’m not sure if that’s just the way he operates but he looks mad tired of playing with blink. combined with his shit guitar tone and mark’s exhausted-sounding vocals, it’s pretty awful imo 

I have only seen Alkaline Trio once and that back in 2003 at the Warped in St. Louis so it's been a long time but I remember then and Skiba being on point. I've never been a fan of Alkaline Trio outside of a few songs and even I was impressed at the show he put on.

Mark's voice is shot to shit; its wasn't just on "What I done" it was on Miss you, as well.

Either he's sick, or his voice is shot, its one or the other. It is so hollow sounding. Feldman's high songs might have fucked him up.

Otherwise, it was alright, glad Travis shaved the pubes on his face, Matt sounds alright, his guitar tone is shit but nothing new. "What I've done" is a good song, but its a nothing without Chester up there singing it, I don't fault Blink for that, you can't replace him.

34 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Good Job, blink! A Shitty Performance to honor (?) a Shitty Vocalist in a Shitty Band.

Really.  Chester was widely respected as one of the best vocalists of the 2000s even if you don't like him. One of the best live rock vocalists too.

• Like 1