Celebrate life in honour of Chester Bennington

Meltdown Tracker

9 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

You can think Linkin Park sucks, but I'd wager Chester is a more talented vocalist than anyone in all of your favorite bands.

I know you think you've really made a point here ... It's just I listen to shitty punk music so ... Duh.

Further more, they still suck ... They just sucked with a singer who could sing ...

I lost interest in linkin park over the years but the first 2 albums were great records i even like the thousands suns records some amazing tracks on there...

Watching this show it shows how great a singer he was that people can barely reach his notes...

Songs like one more light were magical ...

In the end a classic in time just like whats my age again was

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

nah, my views on linkin park don't fit that category (which, admittedly, is sizeable).  i just misjudged the crowd—and the first rule of discourse is know your audience. there is nothing pretentious about disliking linkin park; dislike for them would appear to be, as i pointed out, generational.

Man, no need to apologize for your comment. A little bit out of context? Well, maybe, but we've seen plenty of it in this boards, so...

Moreover, you just explained yourself and that's it, I think everyone can separate an opinion about music or an artist, and te fact of feeling sorry by his suicide. I like the first album of this band, and I think Chester was a good vocalist for what they did, but I can understand you when you say this is a shitty band and all. No problem. We both, in the end (hah), feel sorry about his suicide.

Wow what an absolute butchering.

Lot of vocalists struggled though from what I saw. Shows what a great vocalist he was, Hybrid Theory came out when I was 12 or 13 and holds a massive place in my heart, I even like some of their more recent stuff too.

Davey coming in here and being an annoying pretentious bitter old bastard as well...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

9 hours ago, Speedo said:

Davey's right, Linkin Park sucks. Chester offing himself doesn't suddenly change that. I will say Fort Minor was worse. Also, I hate when people give undue praise to shit just 'cause someone died.

No one's saying Linkin Park should be getting undue praise (or any praise, for that matter) in this thread.

damn that was hard to watch... is mark able to sing at all these days?  

Also how can a million dollar band tour, play huge gigs and relying on the shittiest guitar tone ever? i really can't believe that anyone working in live music lets that guitar sound

pass?! absolutely dreadful!

also travis: no other shirt in your closet for THIS event? lol

• Like 1

to be fair, the audio mixing of this whole thing was horrible (constant changes in the volume level, etc). just like the live video editing, it was way too avant-garde (e.g. they showed mark jumping or doing nothing special for a minute even while matt and mike were singing).