Favorite Albums of 2017

Nasa

I remember that we had one of these threads last year and I liked it because I discovered some cool music there, so I decided to do one for this year!

What's everyone's favorite album of 2017 (if you have one)? For me, I have to say Flower Boy by Tyler, the Creator:

1tt36r.jpg

Honorable mentions for me include:

Paramore, After Laughter

Alvvays, Antisocialites

Kirin J Callinan, Bravado

Roger Waters, Is This The Life We Really Want?

Elder, Reflections of a Floating World

BROCKHAMPTON, SATURATION, SATURATION II, AND SATURATION III

I'll just name stuff I liked...I don't listen to new music these days

Pure Comedy - Father John Misty

Humanz - Gorillaz

Sleep Well Beast - The National

I'm Only Dreaming - Eisley

Antisocialites - Alvvays

Masseducation - St. Vincent

Goths - The Mountain Goats

Life Will See You Now - Jens Lekman

Out In The Storm - Waxahatchee

I Swear I'm Good At This - Diet Cig

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Bleh. It was awful.

I was so disappointed. It took them 10 years to make a new record that sounds like Alkaline Trio. I love Alkaline Trio but I can't get into this album.

My top records:

Sleep Well Beast by The National, Science Fiction by Brand New and Rocket by (Sandy) Alex G.

Then Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Coma Cinema, King Krule, Iron Chic, Incendiary, Alvvays. 

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I was so disappointed. It took them 10 years to make a new record that sounds like Alkaline Trio. I love Alkaline Trio but I can't get into this album.

My top records:

Sleep Well Beast by The National, Science Fiction by Brand New and Rocket by (Sandy) Alex G.

Then Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Coma Cinema, King Krule, Iron Chic, Incendiary, Alvvays. 

It just isn't any good ... It's the Lillingtons, there's a certain level of sounding the same that you should expect every song to have but this was an entire record of one long, boring, terrible song. 

Just now, Speedo said:

It just isn't any good ... It's the Lillingtons, there's a certain level of sounding the same that you should expect every song to have but this was an entire record of one long, boring, terrible song. 

Yeah. Those songs didn't really do it for me and it's weird because they're one of those bands that can't go wrong, I was so happy about this record coming out.. they're announcing a few shows in Europe next summer, I'll still go see them if there is an Italian date though. 

On 12/20/2017 at 4:02 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I'll just name stuff I liked...I don't listen to new music these days

Pure Comedy - Father John Misty

Humanz - Gorillaz

Sleep Well Beast - The National

I'm Only Dreaming - Eisley

Antisocialites - Alvvays

Masseducation - St. Vincent

Goths - The Mountain Goats

Life Will See You Now - Jens Lekman

Out In The Storm - Waxahatchee

I Swear I'm Good At This - Diet Cig

I think the first time I've ever seen you list off things you like and have known things from all of the artists you mention. Hell yuh.

I dunno how to figure out what albums I've listened to this year are new beyond looking at a list of every new album. Science Fiction was up there, was pretty happy with it.