2018 Winter Olympics

Patient #48273

Beautiful and oh-so-pleasing victory by the American women's hockey team over the Canadians. Been waiting for this for a long time, and I was so sure Canada would win it again because of the mental factor despite being dominated for the vast majority of the last 40 minutes. 

Lamoureux epic shootout goal:

Didn't watch the game but it looked like a nail biter. Oh well, our women's team had a good run and silver is no slouch. 

Seeing Sweden and America's mens team go out early makes me even more perplexed as to why they didn't include Pettersson and Gaudette. No brainers, at least as the extra forwards. Teams really dropped the ball on using eligible quality prospects. 

On 23.2.2018 at 6:23 AM, Kvothe said:

Seeing Sweden and America's mens team go out early makes me even more perplexed as to why they didn't include Pettersson and Gaudette. No brainers, at least as the extra forwards. Teams really dropped the ball on using eligible quality prospects. 

Yeah even Finland bothered to send some of our best young prospects (Tolvanen & Heiskanen), but even they couldn't do jack shit when playing against better countries.

It's crazy that Germany is in the final. The Russians have no excuse to lose; while other countries can always cry and bitch about not having NHLers, the Russians have Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, etc.; they benefit the most from the absence of the NHL.