Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

7 hours ago, Huene said:

@Ry-Bread 

what do you think about this one? 

72DB3C83-2B59-4E2F-8341-30DB08CFFA05.jpeg

Authentic IMO, looks like 1994-1995ish style sigs. Scott & Mark’s sigs look dead on,  I’ve seen Mark write “may the force be with you” before, Tom did sign that way, though I’ve never seen him write “I love gigs” but it doesn’t surprise me. Also signed shirts were very common in this era, I’d be interested to know when that shirt came out which may help date the sigs. I like it!

I want to do more study on their stuff and so I might be posting more pics. I am obsessed with autographs and love Blink. So why the heck haven't I been more on top of this shit?

Here are some really bad fakes that people are buy from realgraphs on ebay for like $150 a shot. Avoid Avoid Avoid!! They are all done by the same hand.

s_l1600.jpg

s_l16002.jpg

s_l16009.jpg

I am thinking of starting a Blink 182 autograph facebook group.

@Ry-Bread

Maybe we can team up?

There isn't going to be a ton of interest, but I think there will be enough. The goal is to prevent fans from buying these shit forgeries and people to have a better understand of their stuff.

It could work.

@Olidamus agreed on the above forgeries, they’ve been on eBay and in my “Forgeries” exemplars for awhile. Pure junk. 

I am not on FB, but feel free to link this thread in there and invite people to discuss. If you get any good examples I am always interested in seeing anything signed by the band as I look at this stuff every single day and update my exemplars every day! You already know I am down to discuss autographs all day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Olidamus agreed on the above forgeries, they’ve been on eBay and in my “Forgeries” exemplars for awhile. Pure junk. 

I am not on FB, but feel free to link this thread in there and invite people to discuss. If you get any good examples I am always interested in seeing anything signed by the band as I look at this stuff every single day and update my exemplars every day! You already know I am down to discuss autographs all day.

Great, thanks!

@Ry-Bread thanks for the quick response!

what would you consider a fair price for it? 

Seller says it was signed in 1995 or 1996 and the „I heart gigs“ refers to the Gigs music theatre in Anchorage Alaska. The shirt seemingly was a gift from the band to the Club manager. 

1 hour ago, Huene said:

Seller says it was signed in 1995 or 1996 and the „I heart gigs“ refers to the Gigs music theatre in Anchorage Alaska. The shirt seemingly was a gift from the band to the Club manager. 

I put it anywhere from $75-$175

But Ry Bread might have a different opinion.

1 hour ago, Huene said:

In my opinion, the stains reduce the price but I'd say at least 100 dollars would be a fairly decent price

@Ry-Bread btw, I got some Scott graphs you can add to your list. 

Pretty disappointing imo but 100% legit. Got him to sign at a the wraith gig last year.

also got dude, Cat and greatest hits signed by him.

09C06B97-0330-4E81-ABB9-1F5184F337E1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Huene Signed shirts like this are so rare that there really isn’t much data to go off for recent sales which is really the best way to judge “value”. I’d agree with the others that somewhere between $75-$200ish would be ideal. The stain does detract but I’d pay $100 easily, even though I don’t really care for signed shirts, but it is a sign of the times and cool for that time period. You could get a square frame (for shirts people often use the frames meant for vinyl records) and put it in there folded nicely which could hide most of that stain and make a nice display.

With old rare Blink stuff I have found you typically either: 

A. Get it cheap from someone who could care less about it, forgot they had it and haven’t thought about Blink since 1999.

B. Run into someone who realizes how rare it is (often due to my signature study) and has a super high asking price - some of which are justifiable given the rarity, but few Blink collectors shell out $400+ for stuff.

Thanks for the new Scott example, I saw his new “SR” shortened sig on a few other people’s Blink items from Wraith shows recently. Odd to me that NOW he decides to develop a “short sig” as opposed to back in the day when he actually signed a lot of items lol. 

@Thibaut182 100% real, and personalized by Mark. Though the listing says it is signed by Scott, it's definitely NOT Scott and is Trav's short sig instead. It definitely was not signed in 1994 either. Likely 2001ish.

(Side Note: Drives me nuts when people get Scott era stuff signed by Travis, and Pre-Cali stuff signed by Skiba. So dumb IMO!)

• Like 1

If anyone needs an X-mas poster, whether to display, or cut off the autographs to matte with your favorite photo, here is a good deal on one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/blink-182-SIGNED-Christmas-Poster-2012/253636091671?hash=item3b0de39f17:g:5J8AAOSwCAVa27EC

Corner torn, but you can matte that out.

Also, here is an item I was asked about a few weeks ago that is worth pointing out. This is an example of someone who had AUTHENTIC Mark/Travis signatures, and FORGED Tom to try and make it more valuable. Beckett authenticated it (Most top authenticators PSA/DNA,JSA/Beckett have no clue on Blink, they just guess). But this is a 100% Tom Delonge forgery, when there is money on the table, these scammers will do anything. I've seen it over and over. So a cool Mark/Travis piece was just ruined out of greed:

MBxcdwX.jpg

@Olidamus yeah similar to rare cards, some collectors prefer no autographs on rare items. I typically go after items signed in their correct era, as I think it's a neat part of the story. In this case, I'm fine with it being signed in 2001 (without Trav), BUT I am not fine with getting it personalized. That is a huge no no on super rare/expensive items. I actually prefer my items signed "To Ryan" and I usually always ask (I think it helps people realize you aren't gonna sell it), but when I got SHORT BUS EP signed, I did not ask for anything on it!

• Like 1

Its interesting how there is almost more mark Tom and Scott signed stuff than mark Tom and Travis stuff signed from 1999 to 2004.

i guess it’s accessability vs interest. Less interest pre 1999 but tons of accessibility. 1999 to 2004 tons of interest but not much accessibility.

still blows my mind that there are like next to no enema band signed albums out there.

• Like 1