Blink 182 Boycotts Fed-Ex

_Kyle_

Also, I love how many people here use the family/kids argument to defend their psychotic gun opinions when they don't have families or kids. Talk about playing an emotional card to further a shitty argument.

Just now, Ghent said:

If the world breaks down to the point of anarchy and people are rushing into your house trying to kill you and your family, I don't think an AR-15 and a few rounds of ammo is going to get you out of that one, Rambo.

That doesn't answer the question Ghent.

Would you just lay down and say "here kill us".

Do you know how many times in history people thought "that will never happen here, our government will protect us" and those people died?

Do you remember Hurricane Katrina Ghent and all the people in NO who thought "our government has got this covered"?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

That doesn't answer the question Ghent.

Would you just lay down and say "here kill us".

Do you know how many times in history people thought "that will never happen here, our government will protect us" and those people died?

Do you remember Hurricane Katrina Ghent and all the people in NO who thought "our government has got this covered"?

So it sounds like it would be more practical to keep a watchful eye on the government and be an active participant in democracy than to stockpile your house with guns and ammos for hypothetical anarchy.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

So it sounds like it would be more practical to keep a watchful eye on the government and be an active participant in democracy than to stockpile your house with guns and ammos for hypothetical anarchy.

Maybe, I don't know.

Things can happen pretty quick, and no I am not the guy who is like "OMG its coming". Far from it. We could go another 500 years with peace.Probably.

But I am also not sucked into the idea that "it could never happen here". That is equally as stupid.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Oliver has created the most ridiculous/unlikely scenario then tries to pull on the heartstrings with the family thing all because he is desperate for me to admit I'd like to own a gun at some point...obsessed much?

I think I'll take my chances that a World World 3 where people do door to door killings of whole families will not happen.

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Also, I love how many people here use the family/kids argument to defend their psychotic gun opinions when they don't have families or kids. Talk about playing an emotional card to further a shitty argument.

I would like a single hand gun.. To protect myself from break ins, in case I have a psycho roommate, if I eventually start a family, and to support the idea of some power being to the people...  In the chance of an alien and/or zombie invasion I'd like to own a gun as well.

Is that so much to ask?

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Maybe, I don't know.

Things can happen pretty quick, and no I am not the guy who is like "OMG its coming". Far from it. We could go another 500 years with peace.Probably.

But I am also not sucked into the idea that "it could never happen here". That is equally as stupid.

We literally have a Russian puppet as President that you support. If you are the doomsday type, you might want to reconsider your current affiliations

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I would like a single hand gun.. To protect myself from break ins, in case I have a psycho roommate, if I eventually start a family, and to support the idea of some power being to the people.

Is that so much to ask?

Has anybody here argued against having a single handgun? jesus Jan, pull yourself together.

4 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I would rather be robbed than shoot anyone. I would also rather be beat up than beat someone else up. 

To each their own. Not every robber is some friendly hobo trying to get by, hate that argument.  We have a psycho willing to shoot up a school.  Why do you think a guy breaking into your house can't be that guy.

You've never seen the video of a grandma cocking a shot gun that scared off two armed robbers trying to rob her family business?

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

We literally have a Russian puppet as President that you support. If you are the doomsday type, you might want to reconsider your current affiliations

He did say "Putin's not so bad". Seems like a dude obsessed with the Revolutionary War would be a little more discernment here.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Also for the record - I'd be over the moon if smoking was completely banned. And vaping. Fuck I barely drink, ditch liquor too. Its all bad for you anyway, fuck it. At least cars serve an actual purpose.

This actually isn't a terrible idea to try.  Yeah, ppl will have less fun and bitch a lot, but it will be incredibly healthier of a society and MIGHT have a great trickle down effect of sorts. Cars are stupid dangerous, public transit would be safer, but they do serve a purpose and much like the gun argument, it's a sense of freedom you very much deserve.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Also the idea of Jan breeding makes me weep for the future. 

I'll make sure to make a bunch of mini Jan accounts and speak for them on here! It'll be so much fun. Everyone would love that I think!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

You pulled a 'haha protect your family' card.

And yes, some posters have bub

I didn't pull that card. I responded to it. I have a family.

I responded to people who don't have families, constantly talking about protecting their non-existent children as a way to further their irresponsible opinions on guns.

If Trump armed Syrian rebels against Russian troops, imposed strict sanctions on Russia and are about to start an open-ended presence in Syria (Syrian government is one of Putin's biggest supporters) how is Trump to be considered a Russian puppet?