Tom Delonge's Les Paul(s) 1997-1998

Andrew182

10 hours ago, jonpoulin said:

Hey just chiming in. I appreciate all the digging youve all been doin finding photos and videos of this guitar in action.  I was huge into blink back in the day but id be lying if i said i remembered half of what i used to as far as gear facts and other little things. After my displeasure of california i took a break from blink and am slowly getting back into the swing of things and really appreciating the older stuff a lot more.

Its Totally surreal that i own this guitar now... still pinching myself. if you guys have any requests for photos or whatever of the guitar just let me know. Ill be sure to do more covers on my channel and ill definitely be using it on my new album. 

Im definitely interested in finding out what that big sticker of the girl is. I dont know how easy it is to see in the video but you can  TOTALLY see the outline of that big sticker. Harder to see the others. 

By the way. I was checking out the white sticker strat thread a couple weeks ago before this whole les paul thing happened. So ive actually started a replica build of that guitar. Just been keepin it hidden til its done. I just got the stickers in yesterday from the reverb seller. ive been actually documenting the entire modding process on video and made sure to give props to you guys for the amazing info and pics in that thread. Ill be sure to link the thread when i post the video. I fully intend on selling the guitar once its complete. Its been a fun project so far! But SHHH dont tell anyone yet!

blonde-with-glasses-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&

72483815815e2b8401d2c0cf6db614b06585aca7

11 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

Thank you so much for posting this ! 

Added to that post with the stickers. Only one more sticker to be identified now (proof with the stickers below)

1269898262.jpg

tom-delonge-and-converse-chuck-taylor-al

• Like 1

yes someone sent me the lady luck sticker tonight. not sure if it was the same person but killer find! i'm a bit torn on whether or not i should put the stickers back on or not ... if i could even find em all. the lady luck one was the main one i really cared about anyway

also guess where that sticker on ebay is being sold from... poway, CA. go figure. granted its only 4 inches tall. the one i'd need is roughly 8.5 inches

• Like 2

i always wondered what happened to toms les pauls. if you look in videos or pics of his studio i think you can occasinally catch glimpses of his old sticker strat and various signature strats but i never could see the les pauls. i guess that would be why.

4 hours ago, Andrew182 said:

Flip the pictures with the unknown sticker and it sorta resembles an alien skull with the letter ''a'' written on its forehead, I found a similar looking alien but I doubt it's the same

I was thinking that this sticker might be some sort of skateboard brand, like with a skull logo (similar to Zero or Blind logos)

$_1.JPG

10 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

I was thinking that this sticker might be some sort of skateboard brand, like with a skull logo (similar to Zero or Blind logos)

Could very much be. That was just the first thing that came to my mind, an alien sticker... would be very typical of Tom lol 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 8:47 PM, iamjon said:

i'm a bit torn on whether or not i should put the stickers back on or not ... 

Personally, I don't think I would put them back on. I think it's neat that you can still see the outlines of the old ones which helps "authenticate" the piece and adds to the story of it.

• Like 1

If the stickers were still on that guitar and in very good condition, it would have made sense to keep them on the guitar in it's quality and condition. 

But since the stickers were removed and there's still the outlines of the old stickers, it's probably better to keep the guitar intact and in this condition !

On 3/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, Andrew182 said:

These LP's were the predecessors of Tom's iconic Sticker Strat

FYI predecessor means they came before. the les pauls were after the sticker strat, and before the enema era.

i have many, many pictures which i took myself from that era. will be happy to add to this thread when i get a chance.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i have many, many pictures which i took myself from that era. will be happy to add to this thread when i get a chance.

Awesome hopefully your pictures will help on the last unknown sticker too !