Red Dead Redemption

Goldeneye

Super Mario 3

The Sims

Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars KOTOR

Super Mario Odyssey is too new to include, but is an honorable mention already

Bolded are on point.

I don't like to usually target subjective opinions, but @Speedo Battlefield 1 - really? I'd put Battlefield 1942, 2, Bad Company 2, 3, and 1943 all ahead of it. Not just for nostalgic/timeline reasons, but because they didn't nickel-and-dime you (most the games I listed you actually got the DLC for free and the progression system was fair). Not even just the monetary reasons, but the gameplay was better as well, but I digress. 

I'll take a swing here, based on influence, how they play today, variety, and overall fun factor:

GTA 3 (first great sandbox game - GTA V is the best current sandbox game though).

Zelda: Link to the Past (art design holds up, it established the blueprint to every Zelda game afterwards)

Super Mario World

Goldeneye (first great FPS on consoles)

Rock Band (best of the music variety)

DoTA 2 (establishing new MOBA genre; popularizing e-sports; complicated and competitive gameplay; etc)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion (one of the first great open world RPGs on consoles)

Diablo 2 (favourite action RPG) 

Half-Life (best single player FPS, level design is awesome and holds up)

Halo 2 (CE had a better campaign but 2 had unreal multiplayer)

Didn't include Ocarina of Time because it gets enough love already. 

Probably forgetting stuff and this list probably changes for me all the time, but currently:

1. Star Fox 64
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Super Mario 64
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
8. Super Smash Bros. (always the most recent version)
9. Zelda: The Wind Waker
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

And I'd give Breath of the Wild an honorable mention. Still too new to see if it stands the test of time, but it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a video game as much as I enjoyed that one (I still haven't finished the DLC actually. Gotta get on that!)

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask might as well be tied for me. I'm always going back and forth between which one I like better. I prefer the dark, creepy atmosphere of Majora's Mask, but I think Ocarina of Time is a little more fun to replay.

Also, everyone else has said it so far, so I might as well bring it up. Super Mario World is incredibly good. I always have a hard time deciding if I like that game or Super Mario Bros 3 better. But I grew up with Mario 3 and never played Super Mario World until I got it on the Gameboy Advance (I think... or on an emulator) so Mario 3 usually beats it out for nostalgia.

Honestly I could have just filled this list with Zelda games but that seemed boring.

No one ever agrees with the games I love but here they are (no real order, I can't really rank em')

Halo ODST

The Warriors

Left 4 Dead 2

Halo 3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Tony Hawk Underground

Destiny

GTA V

Mass Effect Andromeda

Gears Of War

I feel like I'm missing loads, like childhood ones I played to death (like Doom II, Duke Nukem) or ones I don't even really think about but play a lot and have done for years (Minecraft, Sims) and I'm sure I'll come back and go 'HOW DID I FORGET ____ ' but yeah, that's my ten for now haha

6 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Bolded are on point.

I don't like to usually target subjective opinions, but @Speedo Battlefield 1 - really? I'd put Battlefield 1942, 2, Bad Company 2, 3, and 1943 all ahead of it. Not just for nostalgic/timeline reasons, but because they didn't nickel-and-dime you (most the games I listed you actually got the DLC for free and the progression system was fair). Not even just the monetary reasons, but the gameplay was better as well, but I digress. 

I'll take a swing here, based on influence, how they play today, variety, and overall fun factor:

GTA 3 (first great sandbox game - GTA V is the best current sandbox game though).

Zelda: Link to the Past (art design holds up, it established the blueprint to every Zelda game afterwards)

Super Mario World

Goldeneye (first great FPS on consoles)

Rock Band (best of the music variety)

DoTA 2 (establishing new MOBA genre; popularizing e-sports; complicated and competitive gameplay; etc)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion (one of the first great open world RPGs on consoles)

Diablo 2 (favourite action RPG) 

Half-Life (best single player FPS, level design is awesome and holds up)

Halo 2 (CE had a better campaign but 2 had unreal multiplayer)

Didn't include Ocarina of Time because it gets enough love already. 

I based it on games I actually still actively play ... And, yes, Battlefield 1; fucking love that game so much. It's the only game I play online. If you're dumb enough to give them your money that's on you. 

tony hawk's pro skater 4

GTA 3

pokemon soul silver

fire emblem

all of the game boy zelda's 

final fantasy tactics advance

crash bandicoot original

half life

red dead redemption 

wolfenstein

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I based it on games I actually still actively play ... And, yes, Battlefield 1; fucking love that game so much. It's the only game I play online. If you're dumb enough to give them your money that's on you. 

That's fair. And I just meant they Battlefield 1 offers less content than previous Battlefields as they charge money for more things. It's definitely EA and not DICE. 

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

Something like this for me:

Ocarina of Time

Super Mario World

GTA 3

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Red Dead Redemption

Goldeneye

Super Mario 3

The Sims

Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars KOTOR

Super Mario Odyssey is too new to include, but is an honorable mention already

Red Dead and GoldenEye were close on there but I can't remember the last time I played either. My 64 just sits and collects dust.

49 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This is my favorite Halo (it’s also the most recent Halo game I played). People think I’m weird for liking it the best. And they’re probably right.

It's kind of the dark horse for the Halo franchise. Similar to liking Majora's Mask the most out of the Zelda franchise.

I loved playing as the ODST Helljumper, putting together the mystery of the storyline, and the music was great (dat Saxophone doe). It could have been a bit longer and I wish the art style was more gritty and dark, as opposed to the usual Halo colourful/polished look. 

• Like 1

Hopefully someone got that..

Actually sold all my systems outside a retro N64 a year ago and am still going. Surprised I haven't caved in yet.

My list:

-Tony Hawk 1&4

-Black Ops Zombies 

-Super Smash 64

-Jedi Outcast/Academy

-Paper Mario

-Jedi Power Battles (sounds silly but great)

-Battlefront 1&2

-2000s NBA games

-Halo 1&2

-Mario Kart 64

-GTA Vice City

I don't even like Star Wars but the games kick ass.

Team Fortress 2 above any and all other video games first of all. Most fun game I've ever played.

Super Mario Bros 3

Metal Gear Solid(1-5 take a pick, they're all amazing, although I hate Peace Walker for some reason)

Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link

Resident Evil 4

Metroid Prime

Metroid Fusion    (I had to put 2 Metroid games on here because they both play so differently, but I've spent a lot of time with both of them respectively)

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (honestly not the strongest point in this series, but it was one of my first GBA games and I spent a lot of time with this game, great replay value)

Crash Bandicoot 2

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3

There's a lot that could have made this list.  I'm probably forgetting some game I like better then some of these, but this is what I came up with for now.

2 hours ago, Reginald said:

Metal Gear Solid (any game)

Hell yeah!

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

-Jedi Power Battles (sounds silly but great)

That game is awesome!  I could never beat it as a kid, never made it past the gungan swamps lol

• Like 1