Top 10 Video Games

Speedo

On 5/3/2018 at 11:24 PM, Kay said:

I went from the SNES straight to PS1, we couldn't really afford anything in between and the snes was a gift from a family friend, we were allowed to rent a game once in a while if my parents had a good month. I kinda missed a lot of classic games because of that. 

Feeling you there.

My family only could afford a copy of the Atari. It had TONS of games loaded into the memory and I still have it and have good memories about it. Like rainy weekends with my parents and sister eating popcorn and playing aaaaaaaaaall the evening.

So, when we checked out the SNES, it was the same problem. Too pricy. So my parents got me an original Game Boy, which I still own with the original purchase ticket, box and all, and it was AMAZING. I don't know if it was because the novelty back in the day and, now, the nostalgia of it or whatever, but is the best experience I can recall playing videogames, along with the Monkey Island saga. I remember titles like Duck Tales, Mickey's Dangerous Chase (may look childish, but they were good platform ones), but then... bigger ones: Super Mario Land 1, Super Mario Land 2 (still my favourite Mario game), Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3), Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Land (an arranged version of Donkey Kong Country, which I later played on the Advance SP), Tetris (of course), Killer Instinct and a weird game called Jelly Boy, which was a long platforms game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Skate never appealed to me. I loved the Tony Hawk games because of how over-the-top and exaggerated they were. A more realistic skateboarding game didn't interest me.

Nothing made me happier than the skate heaven level on THPS2. having a God like voice go "Skate on, my son" made me smile way too much. 

• Like 1

As someone whos actually into action sports, skate is such a more satisfying game. I really thought Skate 2 was the best one. Number 3 just felt like all you did was challenges the whole game where skate 2 you kinda like build up your career. 

33 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Skate was kind of pretentious wouldn't you say?  I like the more realism, but it definitely didn't have that fun factor of TH.  

Depends. Once i was out of elementary school i found TH boring. Id much rather have the realness of skate vs the arcadeness of THPS

1. Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Surprising right?)
( A few other sonic games would make the list so I will leave that out for the sake of variety)  
2. Toejam and Earl (whole series)
3. Half Life (Whole Series)
Crap I realized I just can't put an order on these they are all so good so I will just name the rest no specific order...
Breath of the Wild, Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey, Quack Shot Starring Donald, TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Tony Hawk 3, Pokemon Heart gold/soul silver, Smash Bros Melee, Beyond Oasis, Tansformers War for Cybertron,  Garrys Mod, Altered Beast, Robo Recall, Doom (Whole Franchise)

On 3/11/2018 at 9:26 PM, Kvothe said:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 had my favourite sound track out of the first 4. 

Got me into Iron Maiden, Hot Water Music, the Distillers, NWA, etc. 

Showed me the better side of bands like Less than Jake, Goldfinger, and old school Offspring could be. 

Lots of great music.
The franchise helped get me into a lot of my favorite bands as well...
Lagwagon, Bloc Party, CKY, Alkaline Trio, Goldfinger, AFI