Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I will use this thread to share any news on the next album. If you come across any new info, post below and I'll keep a running tab in the OP.  Please try to stay somewhat on topic, you can discuss your hatred of Feldmann here , Matt here , and Tom here.  

3/8/2018: Musink Article: Travis: "Now we’re playing a couple shows this year, there will be more announced right after MUSINK and then we’ll be right back in the studio recording again. I can’t wait!"

3/18/2018: Musink Interview  Travis: "With California I felt like it was giving everyone what they expect from a new Blink album, and with the next one I feel like we can experiment again"

4/20/2018: Mark posts a photo of Trav playing drums in his Instagram story with the caption "New Blink-182 Songs Day One". Robert (bass tech) posts photos with the hashtag #NewMusic

5/3/2018: Mark is in the studio , photo by Robert (bass tech)

5/7/2018: Mark tweets that the new blink-182 songs sound like they pick up where TOYPAJ left off. Feldy posts this picture, Robert posts this picture from today's long session.

5/10/2018: Travis posts a picture in his Instagram story listening to new Blink and tags Feldmann.

5/15/2018: Feldy posts a picture of Skiba in the studio, and another later that day. Matt posts this on Instagram, recording vocals.

5/15/2018: KROQ interview at Weenie Roast. Mark "We’re very early in the process, it’s a little darker, little heavier. Sounds like the Untitled record, but that’s kinda what we want anyway."

5/18/2018: Vegas Residency interview. Mark mentions lack of tour dates this year and focusing on writing new material. Also mentions they may use the Palms studio to record stuff while the residency is happening.

5/31/2018: Feldmann posts picture in his IG story of Mark in the studio.

6/1/2018: Feldmann posts picture in his IG story of Matt in the studio.

6/11/2018: Mark KROQ interview in Vegas, "We are well into the writing of the beginning of the next record. Still feels like where TOYPAJ left off, but that might change."

6/20/2018: Mark Rocksound interview "It's still in the writing stage, so it will probably change over time but right now it's really aggressive and really catchy and dark and weird. If you take 'California' and compare it to 'Enema Of The State', I would say that what we're writing now is more in line with 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket' and the 'Untitled' record."

7/10/2018: Mark posts this picture on his IG Story with Trav/Feldy in the studio. (Trav is currently not able to drum, perhaps they are listening to new song mixes.)

7/14/2018: Matt is in the studio laying down vocals 

7/16/2018: Mark is in the studio

8/24/2018: Matt tells me that current Blink is on hold due to Trav's issues/Alk3 tour.

9/7/2018: Matt gives an update in a Alkaline Trio article "We've been working in the studio. What is going to happen is sort of up for grabs -- yet to be determined. "

9/25/2018: Mark is in the studio and even locked himself in the bathroom

9/26/2018: Mark is laying down vocals in the studio!

9/27/2018: Mark tweets from Trav's account, then tweets again that Feldmann is making him sings Whoas/Nahs. Feldy posts a pic of him and Matt in the studio!

10/1/2018: Mark posts this on Instagram, this in his IG Story. Feldmann posts a picture of Travis in his IG story.

10/2/2018: Mark was apparently in the studio, but got sick and had to leave

10/9/2018: Mark is tracking vocals

10/10/2018: Mark is tracking vocals in what appears to be a new studio, Feldy posts a picture of Mark writing

10/15/2018: Feldy posts what is the first sign of Trav playing drums in over 4 months

10/16/2018: Mark's bass tech posts a picture hinting at donuts in the studio that day

10/18/2018: Mark is in the studio after rehearsal

10/30/2018: Mark is in the studio

10/31/2018: Feldy & Mark are in the studio

11/1/2018: Mark is in the studio

11/14/2018: Mark, Matt, and Feldy are in the studio , Feldy added pictures of donuts, and Matt.

11/18/2018: After the Vegas shows are complete, Mark posts "Now home home to finish recording the new blink-182 album."

11/20/2018: Feldy posts this of Trav playing drums , later Trav posts this saying "Recording X-mas music"...hmmm.

11/22/2018: Feldy posts 2 pictures of Trav in the studio, and adds an X-mas tree in one... hmmm.

11/28/2018: Feldy posts another picture of Trav laying down drums

11/29/2018: Feldy posts a picture of Matt and Trav at the studio. (Mark is sick)

12/3/2018: The whole band is in the studio, hard at work! Mark posts some lyrics

12/4/2018: The band is working at Andrew Watt's house, Matt suggested it was Charlie Chaplain's old house?

12/10/2018: Mark & Feldy are at the studio today working. Andrew Watt is there.

12/12/2018: Mark & Feldy are in the studio, Watt's singing, Mark's on a bean bag, Matt's pulling double duty with Alk3, and apparently they did 3 songs.

• Like 7

Good thread choice, mate.

So based on Mark‘s insta story blink is recording: „New blink182 songs - day 1“

yes!

• Like 1

This is not a drill! Let's go!

7Ngs70t.jpg

Edit: Updated OP. I suppose this could be a reference to rehearsing "new" Blink songs they haven't played before for the Vegas shows, but we shall see!

• Like 1

I truly hope they take their time on this record. I don't want this thing coming out in 4 months. I'd rather wait till December or even Jan to get one.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I truly hope they take their time on this record. I don't want this thing coming out in 4 months. I'd rather wait till December or even Jan to get one.  

I see what you did there. 

• Haha 1

Robert (bass tech) added some photos with a hashtag #NewMusic. This is not a drill! And it is at Foxy Studios, so obviously Feldy is involved.

EaFRY9I.png

• Like 3

Why do they even bother showing up when we know Feldmann already wrote the music? Just for publicity photos?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Does ANYONE think that this post in addition to Tom’s post today about “making music a priority again” is just a coincidence or an incredible coincidence? Lol. 99% sure Tom is not involved BUT the timing of both is fun to at least try to suggest the idea of speculation 

I should have waited a few days before saying this but I don't like what I see.
Skiba is busy writing stuffs with Dan Andriano, so I don't think he's even there, and what I get from these pictures is that Mark and Travis stepped into the studio and they're already singing and playing. I hope it's not the same "I wrote that song in 10 minutes" method but it kinda looks like it.
Before Feldy there used to be lyrics sheets all over the piace that we all tried to decipher, pictures of them writing stuffs on their little notebooks. Whatever happened to the damn writing process? I didn't want to spread negativity, it's just day one and I would love to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

I have zero hopes for this album as feldy is producing. Same sound he puts on everything, plastic guitars, autotune, whoas, sterile drum sound, lyrics about partying, having fun, etc etc. 

CANT

WAIT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I should have waited a few days before saying this but I don't like what I see.
Skiba is busy writing stuffs with Dan Andriano, so I don't think he's even there, and what I get from these pictures is that Mark and Travis stepped into the studio and they're already singing and playing. I hope it's not the same "I wrote that song in 10 minutes" method but it kinda looks like it.
Before Feldy there used to be lyrics sheets all over the piace that we all tried to decipher, pictures of them writing stuffs on their little notebooks. Whatever happened to the damn writing process? I didn't want to spread negativity, it's just day one and I would love to be proven wrong.

Its def odd its day 1 and skiba isnt there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reginald said:

lyrics about partying, having fun, etc etc.

What a travesty it would be for blink-182 to write songs about having fun.

3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Its def odd its day 1 and skiba isnt there. 

Well, they didn't let him write last time, why bother this time?

• Like 4
  • Wow 1