Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What a travesty it would be for blink-182 to write songs about having fun.

My point is... its gonna be cali pt 2, and the whole debate about being in the 40’s and embracing teenage dreams. A discussion i have no interest in, as it has been discussed to death. 

Obviously he’s not coming back, but if Tom did another album with them, I wouldn’t announce him being back until they’re done recording. Post pictures in the studio of mark and Travis and a photo of skiba here and there. It would be such a wild thing for Tom to come back I don’t think it could be done any other way.

14 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Honestly at this point I’m more interested into hearing what AvA has to bring than blink. 

Cool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bojangles said:

Honestly at this point I’m more interested into hearing what AvA has to bring than blink. 

this, if only for the mild curiosity that the band members reunite and tom tries something different. as for these updates, very strange matt's not there. it's easy to read into that to play into our worst fears (feldmann is blink's guitarist and matt's a puppet on a string), but it's kinda eh at this point. considering it's being recorded by feldy at his studio, it's very very likely gonna be more of the same

14 hours ago, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

Does ANYONE think that this post in addition to Tom’s post today about “making music a priority again” is just a coincidence or an incredible coincidence? Lol. 99% sure Tom is not involved BUT the timing of both is fun to at least try to suggest the idea of speculation 

Oh gosh, I really hope not

_____

At this point I hope they let Matt do Alk3 and just let Feldy in to the band already..

yes i agree. matt brings nothing to the table, if feldman would be  an actual member it would at least be a more honest aproach.

seriously, matt is a great dude in alk3...but he can't play old blink songs properly  and doesn't seem to contribute a lot to the writing process. Why keep him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

yes i agree. matt brings nothing to the table, if feldman would be  an actual member it would at least be a more honest aproach.

seriously, matt is a great dude in alk3...but he can't play old blink songs properly  and doesn't seem to contribute a lot to the writing process. Why keep him?

Exactly, plus, Matt's on stage persona works with Alk3's type of music, but is boring with blinks. With Feldy they would get a super energetic live show, he's great on stage!

---------

And to contribute to the Tom discussion:  Tom should stay the fuck away from blink now when he's getting AVA back together again, going back to blink was what killed the band Angels & Airwaves and he would be a fool to do the same mistake again

• Like 1

I don't know. I agree with the fact that Matt is not the right shoice, specially if he has to be someone who really is not. But come on... aside from accepting the obious, do you really want Feldmann to take Tom's shoes? That creepy hyperactive dude?

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I don't know. I agree with the fact that Matt is not the right shoice, specially if he has to be someone who really is not. But come on... aside from accepting the obious, do you really want Feldmann to take Tom's shoes? That creepy hyperactive dude?

I actually do!, aside from the majority here I like Feldmann. I love the new Goldfinger album, I like his way of producing and I like his songwriting. (look at the lyrics on 'The Knife', they're not about Teenage dreams and such as California, that is Mark's doing). I also think he is great on stage and a great frontman

I also believe that no one can fill Tom's shoes. But imo Feldy would be the best choice.

If Feldmann became a full time member I would never buy another blink 182 product for the rest of my life. Literally fucking anyone at this point is preferential to me over Feldy. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I find it kind of jarring actually as to how many people on here are open to Feldmann becoming a full time member.

Seems crazy to me. Don't see it in any way.

He's old too.

38 minutes ago, Speedo's Edge said:

I find it kind of jarring actually as to how many people on here are open to Feldmann becoming a full time member.

Seems crazy to me. Don't see it in any way.

He's old too.

I’d retire as a blink fan, for sure

4 hours ago, Since88 said:

I actually do!, aside from the majority here I like Feldmann. I love the new Goldfinger album, I like his way of producing and I like his songwriting. (look at the lyrics on 'The Knife', they're not about Teenage dreams and such as California, that is Mark's doing). I also think he is great on stage and a great frontman

I also believe that no one can fill Tom's shoes. But imo Feldy would be the best choice.

Are you sure? The guy can't barely sing his own songs live. Skiba may have trouble playing some old blink songs, Feldmann, aside for looking like an old man with springs in his heels, can't sing.  In this performance, the song is pretty much sustained by the rest of the band. I mean, to me blink is not in its best moment, but I wouldn't like to see Feldmann joining them. I mean, by any means.

Saw goldfinger last year at Slam Dunk festival and he pissed me off so fucking much. FAR too hyperactive. You've gotta be 'into' it as a front man, but he needs to dial it back a good few notches.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Are you sure? The guy can't barely sing his own songs live. Skiba may have trouble playing some old blink songs, Feldmann, aside for looking like an old man with springs in his heels, can't sing.  In this performance, the song is pretty much sustained by the rest of the band. I mean, to me blink is not in its best moment, but I wouldn't like to see Feldmann joining them. I mean, by any means.

Yes I am sure. That energy  hasn’t been on a live stage with blink since ‘01.

4 or 5 years ago I'd be shitting my pants. But I could literally not care less about new music from blink. No curiosity even. It'll just be there one day, I'll listen to it, probably a few times, and that'll be that. Guess I should continue to branch out to other sections of the board.

• Like 4

I was listening to Billy Corgan talk about the music industry on Joe Rogan. Really smart and insightful guy.

He explained that bands who are past their prime will get told "You are in the room now.....but next year, maybe not....."

I think Feldman is the guy telling them that. Almost like "Yeah,  you are an album away from complete obscurity, without me, you don't get a seat at the music industry table.

And they basically have to go along with that. It creates a totally forced, inorganic, gimmick situation, designed to just squeeze out every last penny out of a nostalgia act".

Honestly its sad.

• Like 1

For one, I think partnering with a song-writer on the Blink album (John Feldmann – 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was too far a change, but something they desired, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome.”

-Tom Delonge

• Like 3