Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

5 minutes ago, andyscott182 said:

Has anyone noticed Mark and Travis unfollowed John? And this new picture from Mark’s Instagram isn’t John’s?.... new producer? 

137.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

That is kinda weird they unfollowed him on Instagram, although he posts a ton of stupid IG stories everyday so I could see Mark getting sick of that. Mark tagged him in that recent photo though... 

Mark can just not watch the IG stories. I do that with loads of people who just post pure trash on their stories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Mark can just not watch the IG stories. I do that with loads of people who just post pure trash on their stories.

I've had to unfollow people for too many IG stories before lol, Mark's pretty OCD about his social media, could totally see him doing that.

Also:

GKJQWYs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It should be mentioned that he tagged Feldmann in the studio post, so maybe they're just in a different location.

Nah, Feldman is still the producer. He's been working with blink for 3-4 months on this new album now anyway. Well, 2 weeks in the summer and probably the past 2 weeks.

feldmann probably built another studio at his place. that looks like it would be a smaller one that gets used while other bands have the main one booked. 

Yeah IIRC Trav basically comes in last and damn near one takes it all. Doesn't bother me that he's not there, I like them popping into the studio with little ideas here and there as they please instead of having a coffee infused forced brainstorm. It does bother me that we still have seen no sign of Trav drumming, with their next shows just over 2 weeks away... no chance they play those IMHO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They recorded like 75% of Untitled without Travis there

Fairly certain he was there for most of it,  i think the only time he wasn't was when he went on the Transplants tour and the of reason he did that was because recording overran massively and it was a prior commitment.

I stand to be corrected of course.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Fairly certain he was there for most of it,  i think the only time he wasn't was when he went on the Transplants tour and the of reason he did that was because recording overran massively and it was a prior commitment.

I stand to be corrected of course.

Yeah I remember him specifically saying in a Cheetah vid or the MTV doc, "usually I just come to the studio for my drums but this time I'm staying the whole time" but then they took way longer than expected and he had to go on tour.

There's a good chance they're either A) recording to a click track/drum machine right now and Travis will fill in his parts later, or B ) working on things that Travis has already laid down drums for before his blood clots factored in.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

feldmann probably built another studio at his place. that looks like it would be a smaller one that gets used while other bands have the main one booked. 

Yeah, in the comments someone says something about them recording "in the underground" or something. Probably code word for Feldmann's basement.

I hope that's what the next album is called.

Really rad set-up if Mark indeed has his own new studio or even is just renting a part of Feldy’s house lol:

Tom posted a studio pic right before this on my timeline... :( 

• Wow 1