Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

18 minutes ago, Loudernow said:

Also Feldy not being there gives me a little hope that he at least wont be involved in the writing process. Oh well...

I haven't been keeping up, how do we know Feldmann wasn't there? Weren't they at his studio?

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I haven't been keeping up, how do we know Feldmann wasn't there? Weren't they at his studio?

he was posting some insta stories meanwhile doing other things...cant remember what, but he was not in the studio at least :wink:

1 hour ago, Loudernow said:

he was posting some insta stories meanwhile doing other things...cant remember what, but he was not in the studio at least :wink:

Recording at Feldmann's studio and Travis vowing forever loyalty to him makes it pretty clear he's going to produce it.

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Matt not being there doesn't bother me at all, he posted a picture on Instagram the other day of him writing with a guitar so hopefully that's Blink related.

There's a lot of rumours that he's with Alk3 at the moment, presumably writing with them. but nothing official. 

There were pics of both Dan and Matt in an outside area that looked very much the same at the same time as both of them talking about writing, hence the rumours. 

Yeah, the day Mark and Travis were into the studio, Dan posted this video that confirms he was hanging out with Skiba, possibly writing together for Alkaline Trio.

33 minutes ago, Kay said:

There's a lot of rumours that he's with Alk3 at the moment, presumably writing with them. but nothing official. 

There were pics of both Dan and Matt in an outside area that looked very much the same at the same time as both of them talking about writing, hence the rumours. 

15 minutes ago, Elisa said:
Yeah, the day Mark and Travis were into the studio, Dan posted this video that confirms he was hanging out with Skiba, possibly writing together for Alkaline Trio.

Ah that is interesting, the photo I was referring to is that one, so it does indeed look like him and Dan were in that same spot. So clearly he's writing some Alk3 material right now, gotta wonder if maybe he's working quickly with Dan to pump out an EP to keep Dan/Derek/Alk3 fans somewhat satisfied before he jumps back in with Blink for another album cycle.

In which case Trav/Mark were probably just jumping in the studio to lay down some ideas and Matt will catch up later, as Matt has said he doesn't like to juggle and likes to commit 100% to one or the other. 

• Like 2

Better be more than a damn EP after 5 years...

• Sad 1

I don't think they'll ever have the time to release a new album and tour the hell out of it in the US and Europe like they used to because there's also a blink album on the way. So it will probably be an EP for the sake of giving us fans a little something. 

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

I don't think they'll ever have the time to release a new album and tour the hell out of it in the US and Europe like they used to because there's also a blink album on the way. So it will probably be an EP for the sake of giving us fans a little something. 

Plus i get the feeling Tom doesn't want to do full albums anymore. Especially after seeing the video of them talking about Dream Walker and Tom wanted to make that an EP even. 

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

Plus i get the feeling Tom doesn't want to do full albums anymore. Especially after seeing the video of them talking about Dream Walker and Tom wanted to make that an EP even. 

We're referring to alk3?

I'm not concerned with Matt not being there. There's a big chance they're not doing actual work on an album or anything, seems more like they're just working out some new ideas and stockpiling material to work on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

My money is on a new album with Alk3

is derek grant still in the band? that picture of skiba writing outside was taken by tiger army's drummer. he was also in one of the pictures. i could see derek getting fed up and bailing. i know he re-joined his old post hardcore band from detroit. derek is essential to trio but i can see mike fasano easily taking his place considering tiger army isn't super active when it comes to touring either. 

any thoughts on this @Ghost or @Kay ?

12 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

is derek grant still in the band? that picture of skiba writing outside was taken by tiger army's drummer. he was also in one of the pictures. i could see derek getting fed up and bailing. i know he re-joined his old post hardcore band from detroit. derek is essential to trio but i can see mike fasano easily taking his place considering tiger army isn't super active when it comes to touring either. 

On that alkaline trio fans Facebook group the people on there are saying that derek hasn’t said anything in regards to trio and some on there think he might be out.

if i'm not the only one thinking it and a different drummer just so happens to be attending a writing session, i'd say he's out 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

I don't think he's out. The guy loves AK3. I'd be very surprised if that happens.

I mean, in fact, nobody confirmed they are writing for AK3, so those pictures could be from a writing session of a side project, if we speculate.

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I don't think he's out. The guy loves AK3. I'd be very surprised if that happens.

I mean, in fact, nobody confirmed they are writing for AK3, so those pictures could be from a writing session of a side project, if we speculate.

i dont think it's such a crazy thought. money is one thing that can tear any relationship apart. the guy basically lost his full time job after skiba joined blink.

also, a side project wouldn't make any sense considering trio has pretty much become the side project. if dan is going to fly to LA to write songs, it's going to be for trio. 

seems like a weird coincidence that another well known drummer would be there with them "talking about the drums"