Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I'm kinda glad the Xmas thing wasn't for blink. Don't get me wrong, I love I Won't Be Home for Christmas & Boxing Day although I don't really view Boxing Day as a Xmas song though. It just mentions it like I Miss You does but I'm just not a fan of Xmas songs really.

And as for Mark's handwriting, Jesus Christ. I cannot read it at all. Looks more like signatures than normal handwriting. Nice to see that it's not first thought = best thought, since he's scribbling out lines.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He scribbled out lines for California too

That one seems a bit more overthought than usual though. Like it looks nowhere near finished yet. I just get the idea they've been picking up a lot on what a lot of blink fans have been saying. They're definitely aware about people not liking too many woahs and nananas. The recording process is definitely different to how California was recorded considering they've taken way more time on this album and have had breaks from recording it also so they can tour. It just seems different.

48 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

The recording process is definitely different to how California was recorded considering they've taken way more time on this album and have had breaks from recording it also so they can tour. It just seems different.

Agree on this, the people who have been calling for a more drawn out process and taking their time (including me to some extent) are getting what they asked for! Regardless of how it turns out we won't be able to blame a rushed process this time, which is a good thing in my view. I think and hope this will result in less Feldy Formula influence in the songs and I'm excited to hear what they're coming up with. I wonder if we'll get any studio clips that we can obsess over and put on an endless repeat even though it's just 7.5 seconds of a bass line or something.

• Like 6

I don't think the problem with California was that it was rushed. I think California is exactly what California was meant to be, a nod at Enema/TOYPAJ. It did what it was supposed to do, give a catchy and easily digestible reintroduction to the band for mainstream audiences. 

• Like 4

California is nothing if not approachable for the casual or unfamiliar listener. The real test is this upcoming album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm not sure tbh...

Whelp, there goes my X-mas theory, of course Feldy was just using Travis to record drums for Goldfinger:

wWCZkwS.png

Damn, now no one can meltdown over blink putting out a Christmas EP with the Feld-God. 

10 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

My mum ground me
Even though I'm 45
Why can't she see
I just want to be alive

Lets party like there's no tomorrow
Like kids, we have no sorrow
Hit up the local punk rock show
Never ask adults, they'll just say no

Na na na na na na na na na na na

It's sad that this could be a real song and I would have believed it. 

I'd prefer if Mark was just genuine and wrote about his current life...

Let's go to Disney Land, nnnnnJack said

Go check out the rides and food, he pled 

I'll only go if there are vegan dougnuts 

Otherwise we're fucking off to StoneHenge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are with an “Andrew Watt” guy, googled him= pop producer with credits on Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Post Malone? Lol wtf.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

They are with an “Andrew Watt” guy, googled him= pop producer with credits on Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Post Malone? Lol wtf.

Well, its gonna be over polished and compete for fucking loudness.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Didn't think they could top Hilary Duff, and they did.  Do you think it's more about the money or out of content/writing ability?

The only way these guys could get worse is if they hire Max Martin next.

still blows my mind that they went from a tim armstrong produced session to hanging around these assholes. feldmann is bad enough but when has blink ever needed these other random pop writers in the room? 

• Like 5