Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

13 minutes ago, Scott. said:

They’re dead to me if Feldman guest vocals on this. DEAD!!

You can hear a little snippet, to hear how it could turn out, on the last Goldfinger album. Song: See You Around (feat. Mark Hoppus).

I think using Justin Bieber/Selena Gomez songwriter means it's more likely to be more of the same rather than pushing any boundaries

If anything I could see it going in even more of a pop direction, more stuff like the Steve Aoki song maybe?

Blink-182 are like your bowels, the more active they are the more shit that comes out. 

• Haha 1

Honestly? I don't think they are going to go on a full 'Aoki-collaboration' style. I mean, could be possible? Yes. We've seen worse evolution in some bands, just look at Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, All Time Low or Panic At The Disco, which, well... I never liked to be fair, but well... you know what I mean.

Could be? Yes. Do I think it will be? Nope.

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Honestly? I don't think they are going to go on a full 'Aoki-collaboration' style. I mean, could be possible? Yes. We've seen worse evolution in some bands, just look at Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, All Time Low or Panic At The Disco, which, well... I never liked to be fair, but well... you know what I mean.

Could be? Yes. Do I think it will be? Nope.

I don't think it will be that extreme either but I think it could edge even closer into the pop style rather than a more mature sound that a lot of us are hoping for. Mark is now hiring pop song writers FFS, that's how desperate he is to stay relevant. 

Will obviously reserve judgement until we know more but I can't say it looks promising.

Just now, ...Dan... said:

I don't think it will be that extreme either but I think it could edge even closer into the pop style rather than a more mature sound that a lot of us are hoping for. Mark is now hiring pop song writers FFS, that's how desperate he is to stay relevant. 

Will obviously reserve judgement until we know more but I can't say it looks promising.

Yeah, 100% agree with you.

6 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Are you saying this is Mark's midlife crisis? 

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Are you saying this is Mark's midlife crisis? 

It's starting to look that way isn't it?

Blink photoshoot in 2047.

grandpa-changed-his-style-drastically-26

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Fucking state of my favourite band 

I don't really know why they feel they need these songwriters in the room, they've done extra well by themselves for their entire career, a part of me thinks it just can't be money, they have money, they're so fucking rich. Skiba has finally written some good tunes on his latest alk3 album after years of sloppy stuffs so what's with these songwriters? and why has Mark given up like that? 

Updates from yesterday, Matt alluded that they were working in Charlie Chaplain's old house? I guess that's cool. Anyway, this Watt guy also just produces so maybe they just went over there to hang out and work on a song. Or maybe Feldy (being the weasel he is), is hooking up his producer friends with Blink credits...

PbTOFpT.png

sOo0EXi.png

1pA1Ruv.png

vG3kRFp.png

13 hours ago, 4.40 said:

Feldy doing vocals?? Matt stares as a cry for help?? Who knows.

No, that's not a vocal set up, not for tracking vocals anyway.

Edit: Look at me being wrong! 

36 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No, that's not a vocal set up, not for tracking vocals anyway.

Edit: Look at me being wrong! 

Recording vocals right next to a bunch of clearly on midi keyboards? no attempt at a booth or anything to stop the electrical noise bleeding in? must be scratch vocals, no way that's a proper take. if it is then they all need a smack. 

EDIT - in before the 'look at the cali haters all pretending to know about recording' this is so fundamentally stupid it'd be like puncturing a tire before taking a long drive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

Recording vocals right next to a bunch of clearly on midi keyboards? no attempt at a booth or anything to stop the electrical noise bleeding in? must be scratch vocals, no way that's a proper take. if it is then they all need a smack. 

In before the KK criticises you for having an opinion about recording techniques.

You can't have an opinion unless you're a professional producer, shut your fucking piehole. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah ...  that was my thought too. Then there's Mark clearly fucking singing ... they did it with Neighborhoods too, I remember Tom doing vocals takes in an open room like that. That's either the deadest room in the world or their scrubber is gonna be pulling sweatshop hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

They’re dead to me if Feldman guest vocals on this. DEAD!!

Same. Won’t stand for that bullshit.

33 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't really know why they feel they need these songwriters in the room, they've done extra well by themselves for their entire career, a part of me thinks it just can't be money, they have money, they're so fucking rich. Skiba has finally written some good tunes on his latest alk3 album after years of sloppy stuffs so what's with these songwriters? and why has Mark given up like that? 

My theory is that Mark wants to do things similarly to the pre-Untitled days. He wants to be in the somewhat mainstream industry working with well-known writers/producers/etc at the top of the pop punk food chain. So many bands in that genre have started doing the same and, as I've said before, Mark wants to be in that world. Check out our bubblegum pop punk, we're Blink-182!! It's pop punk music but it's being made in a way that keeps them relevant, maybe some radio play, and gets them fan girls on twitter. Tom wanted to push boundaries and be more (whether he's good at that or not is a different debate), whereas Mark likes the safety of doing what works. Whether you like it or not, it probably will keep working and gain them new fans even if they lose old ones.

• Like 3

The good thing is if Mark is truly as #desperate and lacking #confidence as many suggest, he surely will have read and heard plenty of the criticism about Feldy/production and will be doing his best to correct it and appease the masses. I just like making fun of Feldy because he's a dingleberry IMO but I do think this next record will be great.

• Like 1