Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The good thing is if Mark is truly as #desperate and lacking #confidence as many suggest, he surely will have read and heard plenty of the criticism about Feldy/production and will be doing his best to correct it and appease the masses. I just like making fun of Feldy because he's a dingleberry IMO but I do think this next record will be great.

I don't think he reads it, probably too frightened to look too hard at the feedback, plus it's hard to see actual criticism between tween fan girls and the 'COME TO BRAZIL' posts

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

It's starting to look that way isn't it?

Blink photoshoot in 2047.

grandpa-changed-his-style-drastically-26

Put a gangsta pose and you get Travis on his 60s.

• Like 1

At this point, I feel like there are more blink-182 fans who became fans because of California than fans who became fans because of pre-California material. We're not exactly a huge fanbase at this point. So California fans' happiness with the music--expressed more vocally on Twitter or Instagram or whatever--is primarily what is guiding Mark.

We may talk about blink every day on here, but in the grand scope of the music industry, I don't think they're relevant enough to the point where criticism of the California era would sway them to deviate from their current formula. The stakes aren't high enough. If for example Ariana Grande released what her enormous fanbase would consider to be a "shit" album, then the industry spotlight that she's in + all the criticism may prompt thoughts about actually changing things up on the next album.

I don't think that's the case with blink. They're not relevant enough for negative fan opinion + "industry" opinion to sway them. So Mark is content to please the fans who liked California because they're the ones buying the album and going to the concerts and all that.

• Like 3

I actually haven't thought about blink in a long time, lol. Cool to see that they're recording though. If the next album doesn't end up being for me, then "oh well," is my thinking. I have other music!

I pledge for some caution here. I don't know, the precedent is not good, but maybe that people hanging around in the studio with the band is just that: people hanging around. Like if thew were Sims. I refuse to think other shit.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I pledge for some caution here. I don't know, the precedent is not good, but maybe that people hanging around in the studio with the band is just that: people hanging around. Like if thew were Sims. I refuse to think other shit.

We said that about Patrick Stump... and then we got Sober. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Hey, stop being a fucking dandelion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

One of the best blink songs in ages, thanks for that line Pat!

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

One of the best blink songs in ages, thanks for that line Pat!

Ghent anxiously waiting for Cali criticism:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Whales said:

Ghent anxiously waiting for Cali criticism:

giphy.gif

As if that's not all you guys do on here..lol

• Like 2

He obviously heard the "Whoaa/NaNana" complaints, would assume they've seen the complaints about over polish/generic/Fire Feldy posts at some point in the past 3 years. Though I agree they probably don't care, as Cali and this entire era are a great success, compared to the few whiners. ;)

I highly doubt they take into account much of what they read online from the super critics. Pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Can't please everyone. I think they're taking more time on this next album simply because they purposely did a carefree, fun album the last time. It's not a course correction due to the small minority of online man babies.

I don't even think there is a guarantee that this next album will be more "dark." That probably means fuck-all to the blink crew right now. They will write what they are feeling at the moment

I mean, their reputation is pretty much gone. go to the reddit. go to chorus online. go anywhere that isn't "I love blink, all the small things is the best song ever" "fans" and you'll see the complaints.

it worked once, it won't work again. they cashed that check on California.

• Like 4

I mean, you'll never get through to the mark hoppus stans. but then again, they suck anyway.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Hey, stop being a fucking dandelion!

You're just a damn haunted house and a fucking stone carved marble face.

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

You're just a damn haunted house and a fucking stone carved marble face.

Dear head,

Shut up.

• Like 2

You know what, screw this arguing over California nonsense. Life is too short to last long, you guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

You know what, screw this arguing over California. Life is too short to last long.

I can see Michael Scott saying this with a satisfied smirk on his face.

• Like 3