Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

45 minutes ago, Kay said:

Isn't Bottom Of The Ocean only Mark? I've only listened to it a few times because it's like cancer to my ears but I swear Matt isn't on it right? is that the only solo one? 

Lol sorry to say but Matt has a verse on BOTO, Mark & Matt sing verse 2 together, which I guess is at least different.  Matt does the pre chorus and chorus backing though.  Also some ya ya yas at the end..

Last Train Home I think is the first one that has Matt starting first on a verse.

Back to the forum once again ... Impressive how it pulls me back every now and then! 

Last time here was a couple of years ago (I think). Anyway, guys! Calm the fuck down! Probably it is the first day in studio and they have money enough to spend days in it just to experiment songs and things like that. Unfortunately, for people just like me, we have to gather money for a whole year to get into one , with all songs completely finished, and record it as fast as possible. I will always love Blink and they still have my respect but honestly, I don't expect great songs from them anymore. Not sure if my musical taste changed over the years or if something changed in them but their songs don't have the impact as before. Every now and then I still listen to California, but nothing compared to their previous albums. For those who still loves them and have high expectations from their new album , I would say that cross your fingers and pray for the best! They have what's necessary to come up with great songs but let's see if they will use it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put much thought into Skiba not being there. Blink even during the recording of the smiley face album had Travis sometimes not turn up. It happens. Plus even when they recorded California, you can figure it out that more often than not, the band weren't always there together. Says so in the interviews. Travis would turn up to record songs that already had guitars recorded and stuff. Teenage Satellites was Mark & Feldman right from the beginning.

If anything, they're probably just laying down ideas. I really hope they take their time and don't rush. But based on them lyrics on that instagram photo, it looks like another first thought = best thought thing. Then the hashtag "needs more woahs" but I'm gonna take a guess that is tongue in cheek. Even then, I'm probably wrong on that.

• Like 1

skiba must read the boards. he just posted about derek's birthday and clarified that's he's his band mate. i was wrong!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Any Alk3 "work" Matt does right now is just because he feels bad for Dan/Derek IMHO. It is in his best interest to use any good new material for Blink, unless he truly does view Blink as a "ghost writing" position. (Which I hope he doesn't by now.) He posts fairly often about Blink so I hope he feels at home on this next record.

If all his 'best work' has to be what California is all about, and taken out off of AK3, then as AK3 fan I'm super happy that stuff is out of the band, to be honest.

• Love 2

On 4/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, Speedo's Edge said:

Lol sorry to say but Matt has a verse on BOTO, Mark & Matt sing verse 2 together, which I guess is at least different.  Matt does the pre chorus and chorus backing though.  Also some ya ya yas at the end..

Last Train Home I think is the first one that has Matt starting first on a verse.

Good Old Days is just Mark. And as far as Matt starting a verse, he does sing the first verse of Sober even if Mark sings the opening chorus. If that counts here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Woot, I'm ready to start getting excited again!

This is blink-182online, you can get that excitement for new blink the fuck outta here

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Let's go!!!! 

I was nervous they were gonna do a knee-jerk reaction and go back to emo-boiz and try to be dark again.  Thank god. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Pack it up folks. Hype is dead.

Hahaha, I love Mark's completely incorrect sound examples, like California sounding like enema mixed with self titled.

• Like 3

To me California sounds like where TOYPAJ left off already. So if he thinks the new stuff is even closer, does that mean it will be like an album full of Sobers? (fingers crossed) :) lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is what Mark and Travis sounds like without Tom.
This is what Mark and Travis want to sound like without Tom.
And this is how Mark and Travis always will sound like without Tom. 

They're doing what they like, making loads of money and having fun doing it alongside good friends like Matt and Feldy.. They're winning at life if you will

• Like 1